Suddenly, she notices my presence in the room before looking up at me. I step towards her and see fear cross her eyes. I bend down before clutching her chin in my hands. Sparks shoot at the contact and she trembles.

"You don't know what you have done," I growl before pulling her up. She struggles to get off my hold. I clutch her wrist as I drag her out of the place.

"Please, let me go!" She shrikes as she tries to free herself. Rey and I, both are upset at her action. We're both raging. She must know the consequence of leaving me. I drag her as she tries to resist. My hold on her wrist continues to tighten more and more on her.

"Arles please," she cries but I don't listen to her as I drag her to the ceremony room. I'll have my way with her. I drag her inside the room. There's a huge fountain in the middle of the room with the statue of the moon goddess in the center of it.

"Please, Arles. I am sorry," she pleads and by now tears are streaming down her face. I turn to face her. My eyes are swallowed by darkness and Rey is clawing at my chest to let him out. It's hurting me to see her crying but it hurt me more when she decided to leave this place.

"I decided to give you time to adjust to me but now you don't deserve it!" I growl lowly in her ear before holding the back of her head steadily and tilting it at one side to reveal her neck. The hickeys I gave her last night are still there. I want a permanent mark on her which will bind her to me. It will make her feel guilty if she ever thinks of leaving me.

As soon as she realizes what I am going to do to her, she starts to thrash around, desperately trying to get off my hold, to go away from me. This makes me madder. Without taking more time, I proceed doing what I've always wanted to do ever since I laid eyes on her.

"Mine," I growl in her ear before I feel my canines elongating. She starts to thrash more but my hold gets tighter. I sink my sharp canines in her skin where her neck meets her collar bone. She screams as I dig deeper into her skin, feeling the bond that I previously created with her get stronger. Rey roars inside me when he feels her wolf.

I taste blood. Her blood. Her struggle starts to die as the consciousness starts to drain off her. When I pull back, she has almost passed out. Her eyes are half open as they gaze into mine. They're brimming with pain and sadness. As a tear escapes her eye and trails down her cheek, I let her go. She falls into the fountain with a huge splash before her body starts to sink deep into the water.

I dive after her before pulling her out. She is completely unconscious when I carry her back to my wing. My mark on her neck is already healing. She is mine.

Completely mine.

"Prepare for the coronation ceremony," I tell my ministers as soon as I enter the courtroom. They're looking at me in shock and surprise.

"But your high-"

"DO AS I SAID! INVITE OTHER GODS AND PREPARE FOR THE CEREMONY!" I growl and everyone lowers their heads in submission.

Later I check on Nefret again. She is still asleep in my room. I have decided to move her to my room. I am not giving her any more space. I've marked her hence she'll be with me. I know it's unfair how I am treating her but it's the way I am.

I am bad.

If she crosses me then she'll have to face consequences. In the past also when she questioned my powers, I showed her how I am. She should have learned from the past that I am not the one to be crossed. On the other hand, if she obeys me and stays by my side then I'll give her everything she could ask for. I have so many things planned for her only if she agrees to be my queen. She'll be my queen either way. There's no escaping for her.

I know I am a pushover but I tried to give her time. I gave her five years! She could have been mine long ago had I not thought about her and acted on my impulse. I gave her time and space to grow up. I could have taken her when she was just a mere girl but I let her grow into a woman before weighing her shoulders down with heavy responsibilities.

When she arrived here, I decided to give her some more time so that she could learn how my kingdom runs and also, believing that she'd start to adjust with me.

After what she did today, she doesn't deserve anything. I am done giving her time and space. It's time for her to return me something. I have been patient all this time but now the dam of my patience is broken. I want something in return for doing so much for her. I am done compromising my needs and desires for her.

It's time for her to compromise now.

...

Chapter 37 is available on Dreame if you want to read in advance. The link is in my bio.

Comment and let me know what you think about this chapter.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. FOLLOW ME

Thanks for reading and have an amazing day/night :)

Love Y'all! Muahhhh

-Benita