XI. Two Worlds II

-------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay, now this might be a little too personal, but I just have to know,” Catherine began, using her hands to emphasize the “have to”, and Jazz raised a mechanical brow at her. “Do you guys have, like, relationships? Like besides brothers in arms. For instance, do you guys have relatives like brothers, or boyfriends and girlfriends?”

The silver mech chuckled, “I was beginnin’ ta wonder when ya would ask me that. And for ya first question: yeah, we got ‘em. I personally know two pairs o' Twins. If ya wanna know how that works, ask Ratchet. He’d be better at explaining it than I would. Otherwise, we just consider close companions or brothers-in-arms as brothers. For the second: not really. At least, not in the way ya are used ta thinkin’. We don’t reproduce like ya organics and we don’t really have genders like ya humans think o' them as. But, yeah, some of us have something like that ‘relationship’ thing o' yours. Best ta ask Ratchet about that, too. He knows more than I do.”

“Oh my god, so cool!” the redhead squealed. “We’re two totally different kinds of organisms, but we’re actually a lot of alike! This is the best thing ever!!”

“I’m glad you’re enjoyin’ it. Ya humans ain’t so bad ta learn about either,” he chuckled back.

She gasped suddenly, “Oh jeez, I’m sorry, Jazz! I’ve just been askin’ you so much you haven’t gotten to ask me anything! So much for ‘you-ask-one-I-ask-one’, huh?”

“Naw, it’s all good. It’s easier for me ta learn about ya guys anyways. Internet, remember? And I don’t mind talkin’ 'bout Cybertron. It’s good ta think about home sometimes.”

Catherine opened her mouth to reply, but then closed it. Her eyes fell as she frowned, realizing the meaning of his words. She had completely forgotten they couldn’t go home. Yes, the Allspark was technically still intact and they could possibly make more of their kind, but there was no way they could take her to their home to revive it. She wouldn’t be able to survive the trip even with the Autobots more advanced technology. They were stuck here on this planet that couldn’t know they existed—a place where the people would no doubt become hostile if they did. The Autobots had nowhere to go, and they were at the mercy of its inhabitants. Earth was to be their new home, but some home it was.

"Oh, Jazz…” she spoke softly, and the silver mech stopped walking to use a clawed finger to raise her chin.

“Don’t ya be feelin’ sorry for me o' for any of us, shorty. We knew what the consequences were when we decided ta destroy the Allspark. Pit, we knew what we were doin’ when we sent it off o' Cybertron,” he assured her firmly. “And, ta be honest, I doubt the Allspark coulda saved Cybertron anyhow. It was too far gone and we woulda have ta leave it eventually, anyways. Anyone stayin’ behind woulda just bein’ stubborn ‘n foolish, so don’t ya feel bad for us. Besides, Earth’s a pretty cool place ta chill.”

She took a few moments to smile and nod, “Even with all the hostile little organics on it?”

“Even with all the little hostile organics, including short, redheaded ones,” he smirked and she giggled.

“I’m only short compared to you! I’m actually a few inches above average in height!” she retorted, jabbing a finger at him.

“Whatever ya say, shorty,” he chuckled, shaking his head, but then suddenly perked up. “Hate ta end the good time, but we gotta get back ta Ratchet ‘n the others. Seems like S-Seven’s comin’ ta pick ya up.”

She groaned, “Already? We barely even got started! Can’t they just leave us alone? Honestly! We’re just having a good time!”

“Technically we been walking about fo' 'bout two of ya hours. And not everybody thinks that way, unfortunately. We already got some o’ their feathers ruffled; probably shouldn’t make it any worse, yeah?”