Chapter 13

Artemis bounced her leg up and down in detention, it was getting to the point where everyone was visibly annoyed with it. She didn't care though, constantly looking back to see the clock. It was Friday, the last day of school until spring break.

Just a few more minutes, she kept telling herself that, ever since the beginning of it. She was trying to stay optimistic today, which was hard for her ever since she first looked at Linda Park.

"I swear if that leg moves one more time..." the boy next to her mumbled, and she gave him a smug look as she stopped bouncing her leg, she stared at him for a moment before she started bouncing it again. He rolled his eyes and looked back at the clock.

Artemis nearly fell asleep at the beginning of detention, but decided against it, for everyone who was currently in the room with her would try to do something to the blonde, whether its drawing on her, pulling her hair, or worse.

With a long sigh, she looked back once more at the clock and her face brightened, and almost as if on queue the principal walked in and dismissed them. She was out of that school as fast as a superhuman.

Surprisingly, Wally wasn't outside waiting for her, curiously she pulled her phone out and read his text.

'Sorry babe, Dick and I are going to the beach, I totally forgot you had detention.' It wasnt a big deal, really. She texted him that it was okay, before making her way down the road.

She was nearly sprinting to Ollie's house. He would always get mad at her for calling it 'Ollie's' because it was her house too. She lived in the place.

Nothing could bring her into a bad mood (foreshadowing is this?) of course, a few things could, but the probability of them happening were basically impossible.

Though, when she walked in she was quickly proven wrong.

Meanwhile...Wally divebombed into the water, Dick not to far behind. They came to the beach the instant they were out of school, keeping a pair of swim trunks in their bags.

"Bruce is going to California for some buisness, I was thinking about the whole group coming over to stay the night." Dick announced, the friends climbed out of the water and sat at the shore.

"I know Arty and I are free, I dont know about the rest." The redhead stated and Dick shrugged, saying he'd text them later. "Alfred will be gone too, apparently he's going with Bruce." Dick looked confused with it, but clearly he shrugged it off.

"About Artemis," Dick then began, changing the subject "shes seemed pretty overwhelmed today." Wally let out a small laugh and shook his head. "Shes just excited about it being the last day." Dick hummed in response before standing up and stretching.

"I'll beat you to the bouyes
"(I think that's how you spell it? Correct me if I'm wrong) Wally glared at his friend.

"You'll regret it." He claimed, before they both ran into the water.

Meanwhile...Artemis seemed more annoyed at first. Seeing Roy atop of a woman on the couch. "Roy, I told you to take the girls to your room, even Wally and I go to-" she was cut off by Roy rolling of the girl, falling to the floor.

The blonde rolled her eyes at the boy, but upon seeing the girl her breath hitched. They stared at each other. Artemis recognized her, the face, the hair, the-

"Jade?!" She practically screamed out. "You know her?" Roy questioned the both of them, Jade could only muster out a nod. Artemis was frozen in pure shock.

"I didn't know you were staying here, sis." Jade stated, standing up and straightening herself out, Roy's eyes widened. "Sis!?" He mouthed to her.

"I didnt know you would come back so soon." Artemis retorted after a few moments of silent. Jade was shocked too, which was a new look on her sister.

The longer Artemis stared at her the angrier she got. "Are you just going to leave again? Why not go out the window for old times sake." Jade tensed up, and opened her mouth to respond but Artemis cut her off again.

"Remember your toothbrush, you almost forgot it last time." Roy looked confused, now standing up, and staring at them with disbelief.

"You know I had to leave." Jade tried to defend, but Artemis laughed. "You just left me there after everything hes done-everything you know he would do." Roy quickly remembered Lawrence.

"I'm sorry Jade I forgot-Every girl for herself." Artemis turned around and walked out, letting out a long deep sigh. She needed to punch something, at the moment the door did just fine.

Some of the wood came off of it, but she didnt care, stomping down the street. She needed to talk to someone. Her mind quickly went to Zatanna, she could confide her bestfriend with everything.

Hope you enjoyed! I have so many ideas for this story!