~four~

almost there~~~~

sorry if u got multiple notifs for this chapter
i posted it last night but i realized i needed to do some edits but i couldnt figure out how to unpublish the chapter ksksks

~

Jeongguk had waited anxiously in the living room for Namjoon to arrive. Jin was sitting with him, but once he noticed the tense set of the maknae's shoulders and the erratic bouncing of his knee, the eldest decided to make him some tea to calm him.

Jeongguk couldn't stop replaying the conversation he overheard between Jin and Namjoon. The longer time went on, the more anxious he felt for the talk that was soon to come.

Aish, he felt so guilty for eavesdropping too. Because no matter how many times he tried to convince himself that it was an accident, it wasn't. He intentionally pressed his ear against that wall and now he just feels so terrible about it.

And when Namjoon finally walked through the front door of the dorm, Jeongguk was instantly met with the face of his hyung and his disheveled appearance.

Door partly open and keys still in his hand, Namjoon halted as soon as his eyes met the maknae's.

And Jeongguk burst into tears.

Namjoon dropped everything and the door slammed shut behind him. His eyes widened almost comically and Jeongguk would giggle at the sight if he wasn't so distressed. "Oh, Ggukie — no." Soon, Namjoon was dropping to his knees in front of Jeongguk, hands hovering over the younger's thighs like he wanted to comfort but was too afraid to touch. "Shit — hyung!" He called out into the dorm. "Jin! Hyung! Get in here!"

Jeongguk heard the faint crash of a ceramic shattering and then frantic footsteps. "Ggukie? Gguk-ah, what's wrong?" Jin was suddenly kneeling by his side, voice soothing, but eyes laced heavily with concern.

Jeongguk could only blubber. He pressed his fists against his eyes to hide himself from his hyungs.

"Oh, Ggukie..." Jin took a seat on the couch and scooped the maknae into his lap. He held him there for a time — rocking him, holding him, carding his fingers through his hair.

Namjoon gently took hold of Jeongguk's wrists in an attempt to peel his hands away from his face, but Jeongguk only whimpered and held firm.

Namjoon sighed. "Hey, Gguk," he whispered sweetly. "Can you look at me please?"

With a pout, Jeongguk shook his head. "Uh-uh."

"Please, Ggukie. Will you look at your hyung for me?" Jin massaged his neck, his fingers digging into the tense muscle there.

"I—I'm sorry, hyungs! I'm so so sorry!"

"Hey...hey," Namjoon soothed. "Why are you sorry? You have nothing to be sorry about."

"B-but I do! I—" His voice got caught in a hiccup. "I'm sorry — I shouldn't have listened!"

"Oh?" Jin tucked the youngest's head under his chin, pulling him ever closer to his chest. "What do you mean, Ggukie?"

"Did someone say something mean to you?" Namjoon questioned. "About today? Were one of the boys rude to you?"

Jeongguk shook his head vehemently. "No — no! They'd never! They wouldn't!"

Namjoon nodded. "That's good. I'm glad you have such trust for them. But what do you mean, Gguk? What shouldn't you have listened to?"

"I heard something that I wasn't supposed to hear..." Jeongguk pouted. He managed to calm himself down enough to be reduced to simple sniffles. "Hyung, I know you don't want to do this. It's so selfish of me to ask this of you because I know how uncomfortable you are with it all."