Chapter 7 - Awkward Talk

Hiccup fell asleep beside Astrid and woke up in the evening at 4 p.m.

He looked at her. She was still asleep hugging him tightly. He carefully removed her hand from his and slowly stand up. He sneaked through the door and closed it slowly.

He went downstairs to the kitchen and try to find some food. Then, he sat down on the table, not noticing his mom there sitting on the chair behind him.

"Who told you that you can sit on the table?" Valka said surprisingly.

"Oh! Hey mom. Didn't notice you here.." He jumped and grab a chair to sit on.

"So.. How's Astrid? Is she okay? You both look tired and fell asleep." Valka asked. "How did you know she was hurt?" Hiccup said, biting his food and chewing it. "Are you spying on us?" He asked with his mouth full.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, young man. You might choke." His mom warned him. He swallowed and finished it. "Sorry.. She got 3 cuts from training a wild Monstrous Nightmare today. And it was badly swollen.."

"Oh dear.. What happened next?" Valka was worried about Astrid. "Well, she groaned and yeah.. Fell asleep.." Hiccup answered.

A little silence came across the room. Valka knew that Hiccup really do love Astrid. She also knew Astrid do the same.

"You do love her do you?" Valka asked his son. Hiccup kept quiet and nodded a few seconds later, looking at the table. Valka smiled.

"You know, it's not pretty easy to win a young lady's heart." Valka stroke her son's hair. "Your father took a long time to make me like him.." She chuckled and Hiccup grinned. "But you.. You did a great start just by a romantic flight." She smiled.

"You should go and ask her to go with you to the Snoggletog dance.." Valka stood up, winked at him and leave. Hiccup took in his mother's words and sigh.

"Maybe you're right, mom. Maybe you're right.." He turn back and nodded.

•••

Admin: *gasps* Valka's spyin' on you.. Did you do it? If you know what I mean.. Oops..

Hiccup: No, I haven't. But I will. Once I got the right time, I'll be ready to strike. *smirks*

Admin: Okay.. Wait. You do know what I mean!! OMG. I'LL BE HAPPY TO WAIT FOR YOUR RESULTS!! XD

Hiccup: Ohoho.. You should be.. *winks*