Chapter 22 - 5 Month Baby Bump

• 5 months later ••

Hiccup started to pass his job to his assistant Snotlout, while he took care of his wife. Astrid's baby bump grew bigger and it's getting worst.

She couldn't eat nor sleep. She mostly puke and felt dizzy.

"Oh Thor. What should I do to make you eat?" Hiccup sighed. He tried to feed her but every time she ate, she threw up.

"Hiccup, I can't bear this.. I'm tired of throwing up and feeling dizzy." Astrid cried on his shoulder, leaning on his body.

"Patience, Astrid.. Just 4 more months and everything will disappear." Hiccup tried to encourage her with a few words.

"I know. But I just can't help it.." She cried. "All I can eat is just that ginger drink you made. Oh Odin. Why?" She started sobbing.

"Hold on.. Who cooked this food?" He asked Ruff and Fishlegs who's there with him, accompanying Astrid. "I guess Gobber did.." Ruff answered. "If Astrid could only eat Hiccup's ginger drink, maybe the baby likes your cooking." Fishlegs explained.

"You might be right. Come o.n. Let's try the chicken." Hiccup stood up. "Ruff, will you take care of her for just probably 20 minutes?" Ruffnut nodded and sat beside Astrid.

"Fishlegs, I need your help.. Let's go." They both rushed to the kitchen. Ruff rub Astrid's back and look at her.

After 20 minutes, Hiccup and Fishlegs went upstairs bringing the food. He look at her and sit beside her. Ruff stood up near Fishlegs and lean on the wall.

"Okay. Let's just hope this gets in." Hiccup sighed and scoop up. "Come on.. Open up." Astrid open her mouth and tried to swallow.

Hiccup stared at her and waited for the reaction. She leaned on him and kept quiet. "Well?" Ruff asked.

Astrid took a deep breath and sighed. A few seconds later, she open her mouth and he fed her. "I guess it's working.." Hiccup said and smiled.

Astrid chew up slowly and looked down. "I'm guessing baby likes daddy's cooking.." She smiled and glance at Hiccup.

Fishlegs and Ruff smiled at them and said, "We're guessing our job here is done." Hiccup look at them and chuckled. "Thanks for the help guys.." They nodded and leave.

Hiccup turned to Astrid. "How are you feeling now?" Astrid nodded and said, "Great.. I guess."

He smiled. "Okay. Congrats.. You just finish your food." She look at him. "Really?" He laugh and nodded. "Wow." She smiled.

"Why? You hungry? Huh? Big baby boo?" Hiccup laughed. Astrid push him and smiled. "Alright. No more worries now.. Problem solved. I'm just gonna have to cook something for you every day." He put the plate on the bedside and rub her back.

She curled onto him and place her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. "You dizzy?" He asked. Astrid shook her head and he smiled. Then, she started to fell asleep beside him.

•••

Admin: Aww.. The baby loves daddy's cooking..

Astrid: Will you just shut up?

Admin: Fine. *rolls my eyes* The baby loves daddy's cooking.. *whispers*

Astrid: Arghhhh..