37 좋은 의사 (Good Doctor)

Start from the beginning

Some of them hid depression with headaches. Others camouflaged stress symptoms with stomachaches. A lot of excuses. Too many. People prefer to ignore it instead of treating it. Too afraid to lose their job or being known as a madman. Too afraid of disappointing their families and friends.

Unfortunately for Kim Seokjin, as he lived in a nation where almost forty people fell from bridges daily, where alcoholism was normalized and depression was seen as a form of weakness, so it was normal for most families to think twice about letting their sons go into therapy.

Worrying more about what their neighbors would say above the health and needs of their children.

Just to avoid the stigma that might fall on them, to avoid people who might point them out as different from the rest, as if they were crazy instead of in a process of healing.

His mother initially thought like that, so instead of bringing him to a psychiatric, she decided to try psychotherapy first. That's why she decided to go to a psychologist instead of a psychiatrist. 

It was useless because Jin's mental health decreased: his memories were still missing and he started to get some episodes where he blacked out, trembled and screamed his lungs out during night terrors.

Kim Seokjin only solace was the rooftop of his school. It all started when he was early thirteen and constantly went there to cry, sob and scream. Hid from everyone to explode by himself.

Until Namjoon found out about it and helped his best friend, as always: his way of seeing the world was the salvation his friend was waiting for.

__________

Kim Seokjin wondered if it was possible for a human being to grow wings and fly while he cried

His thoughts were cut by an opening door and Namjoon standing in front of the said door, staring at Jin, panting with his crumpled uniform and wide eyes. He ran all the way there.

Namjoon approached his crying best friend as he would approach any hurt and scared animal, slowly and carefully.

"What happened?" He asked, voice small. Puberty still hasn't deepened his voice.

Jin shook his head, looking at the ugly and dirty floor. Fringe covering his teary eyes.

Namjoon decided to change the subject to try to convince his friend from whatever thought he might have had on his head.