"I'm sorry." I murmur, looking down in shame. Can't believe I acted so rashly especially under the influence of alcohol. I should've known better than to bring my car to a damn club.

"It's okay, Kel." My brother sighs, standing up to wrap me in a hug. I stiffen, not feeling that comfortable with being affectionate with him. But he didn't let go. Until I hug him back. "I don't blame you. At least not for this time." His tone makes me feel like he knows.

"Mom told you?" I look between him and Zac who's watching us.

"Mm."

"Oh." I guess I don't blame her. He's family after all. And I should've moved on from it a long time ago.

"We'll stay for dinner with mom before we go home, okay?"

Home. Home used to be this house where my family stays. Now, home is where I live at Wayne's. I smile at that. That's my home.

"Okay."

———

"You bitch!" Cass runs up to me at the porch, crushing me in her arms. Ally follows right behind and joins our group hug. We stay that way until I have to tap their arms to find myself oxygen to breathe.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

"Shut up. Don't you dare pull a stunt like that again!" Cass hugs me tightly, her eyes puffy as if she was crying. Ally looks to be about the same. My heart clenches again. These people genuinely cares about me.

"I won't." I promise. "Is everyone here?"

"Yep. Ally took a day off work, surprise surprise." She chuckles.

I smile at that, reaching out to hug Ally again. She's never done so much as skip a day at work for no reason. Even for a damn party, we had to bribe her. Yet now she took a day off work for my sake.

"C'mon. Let's go in."

We enter the house, the guys already sprawled out all over the couch and loveseat. Everybody looks physically drained. Weekends are supposed to make one feel refreshed. But Monday is already coming at us in a couple of hours.

I clear my throat, earning everyone's eyes on me. I've said this several times, but the guilt keeps gnawing at me. I have to say it again.

"I'm sorry, guys. I didn't mean to make y'all worried. I was an idiot." I sigh, not daring to meet anyone's eyes specifically.

Zac reaches out his hand at me. I stare at it for a moment before I take it and allow him to pull me next to him on the couch. Nobody seems to mind that action. They all must have gotten used to the minimal touching between us.

"Stop apologizing." Wayne warns. "We worry because we care. Right now, you can make it up to me by washing my laundry. God, I haven't changed in close to 24 hours."

I laugh, agreeing to it. Doing my brother's dirty laundry is more than fair compared to him driving six hours to find me. I lean against Zac's shoulders, feeling him rub my arm gently as all seven of us sit there and watch the re-run of Dark Knight Rises. Now, I have to think of a way to make it up to him too.

———

"Do you want to talk? About what happened?" Cass tries to ease into the sensitive subject. The girls have retreated to my room for the night after planning to simply sleepover since it's late. I don't know how that's going to work, seeing as there's three of us and only a queen sized bed. But then again, it isn't the first time we've squeezed anyway. One night should be fine.

I nod, sitting cross-legged on my bed. The girls follow suit. "It's just, I was a coward. I ran again. I should've stayed." I say regretfully.

"Why did you run?"

"Because I can't believe I even reminisced the good times. Not after how he treated me. I can't believe I let him hold me like that. Most of all, I can't believe he tried to fool me again and I allowed him to come close to it." I sigh, playing with the hem of my shirt.

Ally scoots nearer to me, letting me lean on her shoulder.

"And now? What do you feel?"

"Stupid." I chuckle humourlessly. "It was one moment of weakness. I mean, I can't say that I'd react a lot better or be the bigger person; but I definitely shouldn't have ran. It was dumb. I'm done running from my problems."

Cass offers me a smile. "I'm proud of you."

"I'm so, so, so sorry. For ruining everybody's night." I apologize, again. "Oh, no. Paige. I haven't apologized to her!"

"Don't worry 'bout it. She was concerned too, so I already updated her when your whereabouts were known."

"But I still feel bad. Can you give her a call, Cass? I really just need to get it off my chest."

Cass rolls her eyes, but dials her roommate's number regardless. She sets it on loud-speaker. I don't know if I should be even more sorry to be calling her at midnight.

"Hello?" Paige's sleepy voice sounds from the phone.

"Paige, it's Kelsey." I pause. "I'm real sorry about last night. I understand that you tried to help and all. I just wanted to call and apologize and thank you for it, too."

"Don't mention it. Females should help females. Besides, I haven't even thanked y'all for inviting me."

"You're always welcomed to join us, okay?" I assure her, even though we have very different social circles.

"Got that. You alright, though? I heard that you met an accident?"

"Oh. Yeah. I'm fine. Sorry for disturbing your sleep by the way." I laugh sheepishly. "I won't hold you back any further. See you around, Paige. Good night!"

Cass hangs up the call and lies back on my lap, while I continue to lean against Ally. "Happy, now?"

Few months ago, I wouldn't have thought I'd meet girls that I can connect with again. Ever since Yvonne, I always thought I'd never trust anyone to come close to that level of friendship anymore. But now, here I am, in bed with my two favourite girls.

"Enough about me. Tell me what happened while I was gone."

Ally abruptly sits up straight, looking exhilarated. "I have tea!" She grins from ear-to-ear. "Cass has a new fling!"