Breaking Point + Klaus Mikaelson

Word Count: 1439

Warnings: Relationship abuse mentioned.

Prompt: Klaus has a breaking point, the right person just has to trigger it. Being protective and close to somebody was never his thing, until now.

Klaus sat at the bar alone, his mind was nowhere in particular just on his everyday life. He looked down at his drink before raising it to his lips and taking a drink. He wanted to get away sometimes, he really did and drinking helped him accomplish part of that.

He got a small smile as you sat next to him visibly exhausted "Everything alright, love?" He looked over at you his gorgeous green eyes capturing your beautifully distracting e/c eyes.

"You already know the answer to that." You sighed resting your chin on your hand looking at him.

"What's that?" He asks nodding to the faint bruise on your cheek "A fight, that I won." He got a small smirk and looked at you.

"Really now, love?" You nodded with a small smile.

You and Klaus had become best friends about a year ago, and he knew very well of Eric the guy who would walk around calling you 'my girl' or 'baby girl'. Klaus could never see why you hung around the guy, you said it was because you understood him past his arrogant behavior. But nonetheless Klaus adored you, you were the only thing that truly kept him sane which was his deepest secret.

He would do anything for you, and he had sworn to himself he would protect you no matter what. He couldn't admit to anybody but he had this feeling for you, he just always wanted to be around you.

He wanted to hear your voice, your laugh, he wanted to see the way your eyes lit up when you talked about something you liked or someone gave you a pretty flower. He loved seeing that, and he wanted to see it all the time; but you lived different lifestyles he was a careless sociopath hybrid and you were a bright and somewhat caring werewolf, you had sass and a feisty side to you but you mainly just used sarcasm a lot.

He remembered the day when he talked Marcel into allowing you around the quarter, he had promised you wouldn't be a threat to any of Marcel's vampires that Klaus would be there for every transformation- which was a promise Klaus also made to you.

"So, how was your day?" Klaus looked at you and smiled "I could've used you earlier." He chuckles to himself "Why's that?" He sighs.

"Because, after Marcel stressed me out about someone damaging windows," he looked at you making you blush slightly for your sudden out burst of anger and destroying windows with rocks.

"Rebekah was asking a lot about you, wondering when you would be coming to see her." You smiled brightly warming his cold dark heart "Tonight, of course Eric will be there." You muttered the last part and Klaus got a sense of hope.

He hoped you were coming to your senses about Eric, there was something about the red haired blue eyed idiot that just made Klaus hate him. It could've been the fact that Eric got everything Klaus wanted so badly, the privilege to call you his, making you laugh, seeing you at night in his bed even watching you sleep before he, himself goes to sleep.

"Perfect, I'll tell Rebekah and Elijah." You smiled again making Klaus' heart melt incredibly.

"I'll see you tonight then, K?" He smiled at the newfound nickname you'd given him after meeting him, he hated his name Niklaus and preferred Klaus but you thought of something better you helped him get far from the pronunciation of his name.