"So I'm here and she's free?"

"... for now."

"... leave."
With a solemn glance, Author turned.

"Wait!" You exclaimed, tone cracking. "Don't leave me alone! Please, I can't be alone!"

"Why not?" Author inquired, turning her head.

"Because... because they'll—... they'll..." The mask you were wearing grew warm inside from your quickening breaths. Your chest pounded from the inside, heart racing and threatening to burst.

'What's—what's going on?'

"You're having an anxiety attack, Y/n, you have to calm down," Author called from the other side.

"Miss Author, your ten minutes are up."

"No, wait another minute, this is important!" Author exclaimed back.

"I'm sorry, but we can't permit that." Two guards came through the door and grabbed her.

"You pieces of—!" She punched one in the balls, grabbing the back of his neck and forcibly throwing him to the floor. The other one drew his gun to pistol whip her, but she caught his elbow and broke his arm. There was yelling down the hall and heavy footfalls.

"Y/n!" She called, "Y/n!"

~
You woke up to an empty room. You don't remember when you passed out, or what happened before. All you remember was Author calling out your name. She was gone now, though.
Every time you moved or thought about your quirk, the gun muzzles would turn to you. Sometimes, you thought of what would happen if they went off. Would you feel every bullet penetrate through your skin—muscles, veins, arteries, nerves? Or would it be quick and painless?
Time seemed to drag on. Your body was aching from its position, begging to move, but you couldn't.
How much time has passed? An hour? A day? Two? What feels like an eternity may only be two minutes.

You're broken.
Hide behind humor all you want.
You're too far gone.

You screwed your eyes shut.

'Shut up.'

You're a murderer.
A villain.
You've disappointed your father.

'Shut up!'

Destroyed his legacy.
Tarnished his name.
Rammed his pride into the ground.

'Shut up. Shut up, shut up, shut up!'

You can't remember the last time you were left alone like this.

"L/n."

You froze. That deep voice reverberated through your chest. Slowly, your eyes opened. Even more slower, you looked up.

"Oh," you said, "It's you. Have you come here to taunt me? To mock? To truly see I am but the dirt you walk on?"
The flame hero crossed his arms.

"That's not the reason why I'm here," he explained. Your eyes narrowed.

"Then why?"

"It's to my understanding you were under the supervision of Author Red."
Your brows furrowed.

"Yes, why?"

"She told the police she's the reason why you attacked and killed those people."
It was like a slap to your face.

"What?? What are you talking about?! She didn't do anything!" You exclaimed towards the barbecue man.

"She presented us with evidence. Her quirk is mind manipulation. She said she used you as a tool to get back at the people responsible for her lover's death," he explained.

"Are you... joking?"
The look in his eyes and his body language proved he was not.

'Author... why...'

"So... what did you do with her?" You were scared to ask.

"She had her hero license revoked and was arrested, and placed in a prison in Qing Qing, China," he replied, "I highly doubt she'd be able to do anything there."

"Why are you telling me this?" You asked.

"Because you have a chance to be moved back to where you were incarcerated before."

"How much of a chance?"

"46%."
You shook your head.

"Is it even worth it anymore?"

"I thought you'd be desperate to get out of here," Endeavor said, "What happened to that attitude you had before?"

"I'm giving her a break for now. She's a little tired, so when she'll be back is up for debate."

"You've lost your edge, L/n."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Perhaps."

"Endeavor, your eight minutes are up."

The flame hero stood up.

"Why did you come here? Be honest," you quickly called to him.

"Pity, mostly. As much as I resent the L/n name, it's no secret that Hisashi was a respectable hero." He walked through the door after that.
You frowned.

See? Even the number two hero pities you.
You're that pathetic.
Author took the fall for you. Aren't you ashamed?

You took a shaky breath out.

"Please..." You whispered, "Don't leave me alone..."

I'm gonna spill the tea here sis.

It's canon af that the reader has:

Moderate anxiety
Insomnia
Moderate depression
Moderate sociopathy

The reason why you don't see any of these things is because the reader uses extreme humor to cover everything up. Reader hasn't gotten a real, raw chance to be alone to their thoughts until now.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}