Y/n: Oh Shit

You didn't bother to stay for the rest. You didn't bother turning off the tv, either. Almost robotically, you walked outside into the cheering arena and saw the recreational games had just begun. The screen showed multiple names in blocks, slowly moving up to first. You looked at the board in a daze, barely managing to see your name.

Y/n L/n vs. Iida Tenya

Stiffly, you walked down the small steps and to the edge of the stadium.

'How...? My mom...' You thought, enclosing your fist around the railing. Your eyes burned with confusion, knuckles going stark. Despite the cheering, fireworks, and the crowd, your mind could only focus on what you heard a few minutes ago.

'My mom... is out and... free...'

"L/n?" A hand to your shoulder made you jump.

"JESUS DUDE WHAT THE FUCK!" You yelled, whirling around.

"S-sorry..." He said, pulling his hand back to him. "It's just... you were gone for a while and I was starting to worry." You let out a sigh.

"Yeah, sorry, got lost," you replied, "Didn't bother trying to find you."

"I see..." He said nervously, "How are you feeling?"

"Uh..." You said awkwardly, "... good... what about you?"

"Nervous." His reply was instantaneous. "Shinso is my first opponent and... I have a habit of worrying over things..."
You quirked a brow.

"Yeah, we been knew, hun."

~
Sitting amongst the bleachers with the rest of class 1-A the matches had already gotten started. It was Midoriya vs Shinso. You hadn't heard of Shinso before, but you've seen him a few times.
You weren't watching the matches, though. You were staring up into the sky. The loud voice of Present Mic was a mere breeze to you.

'What happens if my mother finds me? Does she know I go to U.A.? Does she know I ended up in jail too? Or that I killed people? Does she know about anything? Our quirks are so similar, yet in a one-on-one fight she'd win. Even so, there's no way she could've broken out alone. What about those other convicts, then? Did they help her? What did—'

"L/n?" That soft voice violently brought you back down the earth. The screams blasted through your ear drums so harshly you flinched.

"Yeah? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention," you said, looking down at the arena. Ochaco nodded in understanding.

"Yes... I was worried. The second match is over. Isn't yours soon?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah, totally." You stood up from your spot. "Just watching the Shrek movie in my head to calm my nerves."

"Eh? What—"

"It's all ogre now."

"..."

"I'll be going." You left without another word, knowing your confusion worked. She didn't suspect a thing. As you got farther and farther from people's views, your face fell into a frown. You could hear the starting of the third match behind you. You didn't have enough motivation to watch.