Charatcers- Jude Tibbits

Start from the beginning

                He glanced up. “What?” he asked politely, since the teacher was sitting near him.

                “Can I borrow your crayons?” the boy in front of him asked.

                Jude nodded. “Sure!”

                The boy sat down and grabbed a crayon, also beginning to doodle. “I’m Nate.”

                “I’m Jude,” Jude said.

                “You always sit alone,” Nate said.

                “I don’t like the other kids,” Jude mumbled.

                “They’re kinda dumb,” Nate said, and Jude giggled.

                “Yea, they are,” he agreed with a nod, deciding he liked this kid. “You’re not. Wanna be friends?”

                “Sure,” Nate said with a smile.

                                                                                                ***

                “Judeikas, listen to me!” Tatiana snapped, grabbing his arm and spinning him around.

                He pushed her off. “I don’t have to!”

                She grabbed his arm again and slapped him. She turned to Syd, who was watching anxiously.

                “Do you see this? This is why you can’t spoil him! He’s a little boy and he’s already a brat!” she yelled angrily. “Judeikas, you need to do better in school! We’re going to sit with you from now on until all your work is done and you’re done studying!”

                “I tried my hardest!” Jude cried.

                “You need to try harder!” Tatiana said. She released his and rubbed her temples. “Go to your room. I don’t want to hear a word out of you for the rest of the night, understand? Starting tomorrow, you’re going to work your butt off in school.”

                Jude turned and hurried upstairs, shutting his bedroom door. He collapsed on his bed and screamed into his pillow, feeling filled with infinite anger and frustration.

                “I really am trying my hardest,” he choked out, his eyes watering. He gripped his hair tightly, trying to fight off his tears. “I’m trying!”

                He began to scream into his pillow again. He realized that he needed to find some way to get rid of this stress before he exploded.

                                                                                                ***

                “Jude! Nate!”

                Jude and Nate groaned and spun around to face the ever obnoxious Marcus. No one in the class liked the annoying boy, and he always clung to Jude and Nat.

                “Look! I got new Pokemon cards!” he said, waving them in Jude’s face.

                Jude smacked his hand away. “I don’t care,” he said, crossing his arms.