Childhoods #6

A.N.- Just more random childhood moments! This consists of Rio and Hank (Swan Song/Just A Spark), Mitch, Jace, and Shane (Kill The Lights/Swang Song), Ethan (Friend Zoned/Changing Will), Dimitri and Alek (Outside The Lines), and Nash, Francis, Callahan, and Damien (The Journal)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rio/Hank

                5 year old Rio Snyder peeked out from behind a tree. Not seeing anyone in sight, he took off at a run for the house.

                “I see you Rio!”

                Hearing the voice of his 9 year old brother Hank, he ran even faster, letting his little legs carry him forwards. He neared the house and grinned triumphantly.

                Until, of course, he tripped over his own feet.

                He hit the ground hard and let out a yell. He laid there, pouting down at the ground, his eyes watering.

                “Rio!” Hank cried, dropping down next to him. “Are you okay?”

                “My knee!” he cried.

                Hank helped him sit up and inspected his lightly bleeding knee. He frowned and hugged Rio.

                “It’s okay. We’ll put a band-aid on it!” Hank said, standing up and pulling Rio to his feet. He bent down and lifted Rio into his arms. Rio wrapped his arms around Hank’s neck and sniffled.

                “It hurts, Hank,” he said.

                “I know,” Hank said, carrying him towards the house. “But you ran really fast.”

                “I was really fast!” Rio agreed.

                Hank laughed and reached the backdoor, struggling to get it open. Rio was a little small for his age, but he was still getting bigger and bigger each year. Hank knew that soon he wouldn’t be able to pick Rio up and carry him around. That made him sad. He liked carrying his baby brother around.

                “Hi boys!” their mom, Jill, said with a smile.

                “Rio hurt his knee falling. I’m going to put a band-aid on it,” Hank said.

                Jill frowned. “Are you okay, Rio?”

                “We were playing hide and seek and the house was base, and I tried to reach it but I ran too fast and fell!” Rio said. He tightened his hold on Hank, pouting. “It hurt, mommy. But Hank is gonna make it better.”

                “Hank, make sure you clean his wound. Don’t just put a band-aid on it,” Jill said.

                “I know mom!” Hank said with a smile.

                He carried Rio upstairs and set him down on the edge of the bathtub. He grabbed the disinfectant out of the cabinet and frowned at Rio.

                “This is going to sting,” he said, holding out his hand. Rio took it in his own and let out a hiss, squeezing Hank’s hand tightly as he attacked Rio’s scrapes with the disinfectant.

                “No more!” Rio said, swatting at Hank.

                “Okay, I think it’s clean,” Hank said, grabbing band-aids and covering Rio’s scraped knee with them. “There, all better!” He bent down, kissing Rio’s cheek.