Chapter 27:

Harry's POV:

      We were at our graduation rehearsal and my mind was going crazy. It wouldn't stop racing all day, just wondering when I would be getting that damn phone call and what I would then be told. I needed to know what my fathers outcome would be. I just needed to know, now. Despite the fact that my mind was anywhere but here I couldn't stop staring at my beautiful girl sitting two rows in front of me making silly faces at me. I knew full well that she was aware of how stressed I was today and she was doing everything in her power to distract me. 

        She sneaks a wink at me, causing me to blush. How the hell can she still have that affect on me? I feel a smirk over take my facial features before I send one back to her. Because of fucking alphabetical order I have to sit next to two kids that hate me during graduation, there is nothing I would like more than to sit next to my love while I celebrate my educational careers end. How in the hell did I survive this shit? I admire my gorgeous girlfriend as it's her turn to walk the stage and accept her fake diploma. How did I get so lucky to have her, to be loved by her? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        We were at our flat laying on our large comfy couch. Well her comfy couch, she insisted that I call everything in the flat ours, but I refuse. I still feel like a guest. Not because she has given me any reason to feel that way, just because it all seems too good to be true. "I can't believe graduation is so soon. It's crazy." I whispered into her soft hair. "I know. I can't wait to move and go to University. I will be the happiest girl in the world once I get out of this town and move, start my new adult life with my lovely boyfriend." She tilted her head to look up at me and spoke with a smile on her face.

      I smile back at her until my phone rings. I frown at her and adjust our comfortable position to get my new flip phone out of my back pocket. It was nice to finally have a phone, texting was hard to learn and I'm still getting used to it, though I don't see the big deal. I thought texting would be this magical amazing thing because of how much I've heard people talk about it. I'm not impressed. I look down at the device and see that it's the number that the officer told me he would call me from. "I have to take this." I whisper to my girl before placing a gentle kiss to her soft forehead and standing up, careful of moving out from under her. Once stood, I hastily exit the room.

Her POV:

      I stay sat in the front room and wonder what it is Harry is being notified of right now. However, I'm even more curious of how Harry is going to react to whatever news he is getting right now. After a short period of time Harry stumbles back into the room, face pale and eyes beginning to water. I'm quick to stand and make my way over to the man I love and wrap my arms around him. "What did they say?" I whisper to him, scared that anything louder than a whisper may break him. "My father is going to jail. For a very long time." His sweet voice cracks in a whisper. 

      I knew that Harry would have mixed feelings no matter what the verdict was. So I had prepared myself for a confusing reaction from Harry no matter what he was told by that one phone call. I can honestly say though, although Harry is unaware of what he wanted from this, I am certain that I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Mark is a horrible, disgusting man that I do not want anywhere near my Harry or anyone else he would be willing to harm. The fact that he brutally beat his wife and son for years is unforgivable and shameful. I can honestly say that words can not describe how I feel about that man and what he has done to the boy I love and the woman I will never get the chance to meet.

      My arms lead Harry to the sofa. I sit down with him and take him into my arms once again. My hand finds his soft curls and begins stroking through them. "I'm your family Harry. You will always belong and have a place with me. We're going to start new, baby. You and me. It's ok." I assure him in a soft whisper. Harry sniffles as he rests his head against my chest with his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. "When we graduate, I don't want to move away with you." Harry whispers into my chest, breaking my heart.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thank you for reading if you did! I hope you liked this chapter and are liking the story! Vote and comment if you want! :)

-Jena xoxo