Chapter 26:

Harry's POV:

        It was the day of my father's court date and I was beyond nervous as I sat on a bench in the court house wearing a suit that was way too big for me. I borrowed it from Peter. Well, 'borrowed' may not be the right word. I'm almost positive that she stole it from him and then lied and told me that he would let me borrow it. This suit is itchy and it is damn hot in here. My foot wouldn't stop tapping with nerves, no matter how hard I tried to stop it. My nerves just wouldn't fade away and I really needed them to. 

          She walks around the corner wearing one of the most beautiful dresses I had ever seen her in. She held two bottles of water in her hand as she took a seat on the bench with me and handed me one. Water is just what I need right now. I smile at her as a thank you and then immediately begin chugging the liquid. She wraps her arms around my waist and cuddles her head into my chest. "Don't be nervous. Everything will be fine." She assures me and mumbles into my chest. How did I get a girl like her? 

        I flash her a fake smile and nod my head at her. My foot won't stop tapping and my hands won't stop shaking, but I continue trying to collect myself. She whispers sweet things into my ear and places soft kisses to my neck as I try and calm my nerves. She knew I was anxious and I will say she was doing a fantastic job at calming me down. My tense body begins to relax just as a police officer stands in front of us and tells us that it's time to go in. We stand up together, holding hands tightly. The officer leads us down the hall and into the court room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her POV:

       I walk through the door of our apartment, trailing behind Harry. He hasn't spoken a word to me since we left the court house and it's killing me to not know what's going on inside of that beautiful brain of his. Harry hurries to our room and I wander around for a little bit, figuring he needs a minute to himself before I go in there and try to make things better. Harry did a great job in the court room and even though he was nervous he didn't show it at all. He truly did great, and I am so proud of him.

       They even called me up and asked me questions, which I was not expecting but I suppose I should have been. I slowly wander into our bedroom and find Harry sitting at the edge of our bed with his head in his hands. I walk over to him and sit next to him on the edge of the bed. My hands instinctively rub up and down Harry's back. "That was terrifying." The first words Harry speaks to me in hours. 

         I wrap my arms around him and hold him, feeling that I need to protect him from the world outside of this room. "I know, baby. It will get better." I promise him. Even if it isn't true, I know that Harry needs to hear it right now. They don't decide if Mark is found guilty or not guilty until tomorrow. We aren't going in tomorrow, but Harry will be getting a call with the verdict. He sighs into my ear and slowly wraps his arms around me in return. I place a light kiss to his cheek. "It's over now, and you did so well." I assure him.

            He gives me a fake smile. "Yeah." He whispers. "I just can't wait to get out of here." I can here the impatience in his voice. "I know, but there's only two more weeks until graduation and then we can get the hell out of here." I smile at him. Harry lets a sigh or relief escape from his mouth as he falls back onto the bed, pulling me with him. I'm quick to lay my head on his chest, trying to hear my favorite sound in the world. 

           "I'm in love with you." Harry breaks the silence. My chest feels like it's going to explode with wonderful emotions. Tears brim in my eyes as I think over what Harry just said. Did he actually say it or am I just hearing things? Memories of Harry too scared to talk to me flash in my mind. I smile widely despite the fact that I am completely in shock. "I'm in love with you too, Harry." I whisper contently. I move my body up to straddle Harry's. I find a massive smile on his face and I'm quick to kiss it with all of the passion and love that I feel for him.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thank you for reading if you did! I hope you liked this chapter and are liking the story! Vote and comment if you want!

Sorry for the long wait. 

-Jena xoxo