Chapter 31:

Harry's POV:

"Hey Harry?" My girl breaks me out of my thoughts as I run my fingertips up and down her back. "Yeah?" I ask as she lifts her head off of my chest so that I can see her. "Can I... ask you something?" She moves her eyes to stare at the wall. "Of course. What is it?" I say and move her hair out of her face and behind her ear. "When you said you weren't ready to have sex..." She awkwardly clears her throat.

"Yeah?" I feel my cheeks blush. I may have changed my mind recently... "Most guys would jump into bed with their girlfriend... Why didn't you?" She asks and I can tell that she's just curious, that I didn't make her feel insecure, which is a relief. "I guess it's just important to me. My whole life I've never had control... At least until I met you. The only thing that I've ever had control over was my body. That's why I have so many tattoos and piercings... and my virginity. It's stupid, I know, but..." I trail off and shake my head at my stupidity.

"What are you talking about? Of course it's not stupid! I get it. I do. I wasn't judging, I was just curious, but I get it." She whispers to me before leaning down and placing kisses to my bare chest. "It's not you baby and it's not that I don't trust you or don't want to... It's just that it's all that I have left that's mine to give away. You already have my heart and I will happily give you my virginity when we're ready." I finish with a sigh.

"Take your time." She whispers and kisses my lips with a shy smile. I really have been thinking about it a lot and there is no doubt in my mind that I'm ready to make love with my beautiful girlfriend, but what will I do if she leaves me? All I'll have left is my art and some dumb tattoos. If she leaves then she's taking all of me with her. I know she's told me a million times that she's not going anywhere and I believe her, but sometimes promises are hard to keep and I don't think I could take her of all people breaking a promise.

—————————————————————————————————————————

I lay down a red rose on my mothers grave and take a step back to latch my hand back onto the small girl next to me. "Did you want a minute?" She asks. "No, it's ok." I give her a small smile and stare back at the gravestone with the words 'Beloved Mother' carved into it and my heart nearly cracks. I had the best mother in the world. I know that the only reason that she stayed with my father was for me. It was so difficult for us and taking me and leaving wasn't only impossible, but life threatening to the both of us.

"I miss you." I whisper. It's silent as I stare at the freshly cut grass that surrounds the stone. "I'm moving. I didn't want to at first... But I see now that this is what you would have wanted for me, so I'm going to do it. Even though the thought of leaving you scares me. I won't really be leaving you. I know that you'll follow me wherever I go. I know you're proud and I'll come back here and visit you as much as possible, but it won't be easy coming back here... after everything with my father, but I will. For you." I finish and let out a loud breath.

"This is my girlfriend. We live together and I'm moving with her to a city called Prep Valley. Maybe you've heard of it, or been there. It's about a two and a half hour drive from here... She makes me really happy and I know that you would have loved her. I love her." I turn to look at her and I see she's already looking at me with a sad smile on her face. "Well. Bye. I'll come back and see you soon." I sigh and turn around and lead my girl back to her car.

I get in the passengers seat and take a deep breath before silently leaning my head against the window as the car starts up and slowly begins to drive away. My heart hurts badly and a lump forms in my throat as I watch the cemetery that my mother is buried in slip from my vision and I wonder when I'll get the chance to come and see her again. I know that she's with me no matter where I go, but it's hard to leave the cemetery when it's the place that I always ran to when I was sad, scared or especially hurt. It's like a safe haven to me, where I could just be with my mother and although it's just a place, it's so damn hard to say goodbye to. As sad as it is, that cemetery was the closest thing that I ever felt to a home after my mother died, at least before the girl next to me came into the picture...

The car is silent as we drive back to our flat that is filled with moving boxes. We're moving in just one week and it's all starting to seem a lot more real to me, which is exciting, but frightening too. I'm giving everything I have to this girl, I really hope I don't regret it. I hope I don't make her regret it.

"Harry?" Her voice breaks me out of my thoughts and I realize that I haven't moved from in-front of the door since we entered our flat. "Yeah?" I clear my throat and shake my head. "How did your um... how did your mother die? Your father, he didn't... he didn't." She asks nervously and scratches her elbow out of discomfort and I realize that I've never told her how my mother died. "No, he didn't kill her. She got cancer, it's common on her side of the family." I explain and take a few steps towards her.

Her face pales. "So you..." She nervously says. "Breast cancer. I have a slim chance of getting it." I rub her arms to comfort her. "It's not impossible." Her voice shakes. "It is possible, but not likely... not something we should be worrying about." I lean in and kiss her forehead. I try and change the subject, because I am very aware that there is a possibility that I can get it... It's just unlikely. She nods her head with a deep frown on her face, I know that it was hard for her to see me today at the cemetery. I pull her into me and she instantly wraps her arms around me and hides her head in my chest.

She slowly looks up and my eyes meet her stunning ones as they bat innocently with a shine of life in them. Her face screams beauty and youth and words can't describe how aware I am that I'm lucky to be stood here holding this girl in my arms knowing that she wants me as badly as I want her. I never thought mutual love could truly exist, but I see now that it can and it's just as great as everyone says it is.

I lean in and give her a long kiss to her naturally dark pink lips, shaped to perfection. Our lips move together slowly in a loving way as we hold each other close. As our kiss begins to get heated I feel my cheeks flush and I have a pit in my stomach that tells me something really amazing is about to happen. We break apart for only seconds and breathe loud from our lack of air and I swallow my nerves and take her hand in mine, feeling brave, and lead her to our bedroom. We reach the room and my shaky hands shut the door behind us.

"Harry... What..." Her cheeks turn pink and I can tell that she knows what's about to happen too, but she wants to be sure. "If you want to baby, I do..." I give her a genuine smile that she returns and after she furiously nods her head she makes her way back over to me and I don't hesitate to place my hands on her back and lean in to give her another heavy kiss. Her small hands find the end of my shirt and she pulls it up until I break away from her lips and pull the shirt over my head.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sorry this chapter took so long to get up, but this is the one that I've been waiting to write and I wanted to have time to not only think about it but make sure that the characters were ready for this to happen... Thank you for waiting and being patient with me. You finally get a longer chapter that you all deserve to read. The story is definitely not over, however it will be soon. I'm going to estimate that there will be about 12 chapters left? Maybe less. I'll make sure it's clear when it's the last chapter and there will be an epilogue. Ok. Hope you all liked this chapter. :)

Vote and comment if you want to!

-Jena xoxo