Everyone stared at each other before daddy scoffed and grabbed my elbow roughly and pulled me away. Why is he mad at me? What did I do?

He walked us over to the stables and let go of my arm. I rubbed it where it was red with a huge hand mark.

"Daddy?"

"Daddy?" Why was he ignoring me?

As he set down a saddle miss carol cane rushing in.

"You can't."

"I'm fine" daddy snarled and bumped into me so I fell on my butt.

"Oof"

He didn't even look at me and I don't know what I did wrong to make him upset.

"Hershel said you need to heal"

"Yeah, I don care"

"Well I do" she replied while helping me up and dusting off my dungarees. Daddy opened the horse pen while miss carol kept on talking.

"Ricks going out later to follow the trail"

"Yeah, well, I ain't gonna sit around and do nothin"

"No your gonna go out there and get yourself hurt even worse"

He kept messin with the horse and I tried to tap him to get his attention but he just slapped away my hand and left it stinging.

"We don't know if we're gonna find her Daryl."

That made him stop. He stopped dead.

"We don't. I don't"

He just looked at her and his eyes briefly flickered to me. I started to tug on my fingers as the nerves were eating away at me. Why was he being like this? He slowly walked over to Carol and she pushed me behind her slightly.

"What?"

"I can't loose you to" she said quietly then looked to me and whispered out "Diego can't loose you ether"

He pulled a face at her and roughly dropped the rope thingys that go on the horses head. Then he walked over to the saddle and glanced back at carol. Was I invisible? Why did he drag me here if he's not even talking to me? Before we knew it he hurled the saddle across the stable and instantly clutched his side where he got hurt. Carol ran forward but I just stayed frozen. Daddy never acted like this before so why now?

"Just leave me be.... stupid bitch"

He walked outta the barn and miss carol started to cry. I went to comfort her however she just stormed out. Just like daddy. They both left me all alone and there was a horse pen still opened and I struggled to close it so that it didn't get out. I eventually decided to go see Momma Lori and ask her to brush my hair. I found her cutting up carrots on a tree stump.

"Momma Lori!" I squealed

"Huh? Oh hi honey what's up?"

"Could you brush my hair please?"

"Yeah sure come here"

I smiled at her and sat in front of her legs. Soon after Shane came over sayin how he thought Rick was dead and how he thought he was better than Rick.

"He thought it was best to go on a suicide mission to Safe a drug dealer. And so we lost Amy and we lost Jim. We lost..." I got sad at the thought of Jimbo and I felt like I was invisible again. Then they started to talk about that something was shanes! What were they even on about?

Adults make no sense

Shane then abruptly stood up and I managed to make myself properly known as I called out to him.