Short Skirts

Needless to say, we managed to get Kuroh Yatogami agree to letting Shiro live. But only as long as we could find an alibi and prove his innocence.
The next day came and we all went to school. And I really mean all of us.
Kuroh came with us, still carrying his sword and dressed in his usual attire. Neko tagged along, staying close to Shiro, and not a cat. She was dressed in the uniform for Ashinaka females, the skirt short like it usually was, and I had to admit her breasts were large. I wasn't jealous or anything, because I was a fair size and already didn't want the ones I had.
But when I usually complained about them, Shiro usually had a conversation with me to convince me otherwise.
I wonder if Shiro likes breasts, I thought, staring down at my chest. Bored, I poked one of them, causing Kuroh Yatogami to spit out his water. Apparently he had looked over at that exact moment.
Neko just couldn't stop laughing. My question was still unanswered - I'd have to ask Shiro one day, I suppose.
"Hey, Yoru?" Shiro asked from my left. "Are you feeling alright?"
"I guess so," I didn't look at him. "I just have a lot on my mind."
"I do too... I'm sorry this happened."
"It's not your fault, Shiro - so don't blame yourself," I nudged him.
Looking towards him, he presented me with a warm smile. "Thanks, Yoru. I'm sure this will all work out. I mean, I can't very well just disappear. Neko needs me," I sighed at his words. "Yoru, you need me."
I looked at him again. "What?"
"Well, I mean, you don't need me, but I'm not sure how you feel either." He quickly explained. "I just mean that... I need you. You might not need me, but I do need you." He grasped my hand and squeezed it. "Okay?"
I nodded slowly. "Okay..."
"Okay you two lovebirds," Kuroh huffed.
"Hey Shiro!" Kukuri ran over to us. "Who are these guys? Are they transfers?"
"Yeah!" Shiro fibbed.
"Hi! I'm Neko!" The said catgirl beamed.
"And I am Kuroh Yatogami, vassal to the late Seventh King."
Kukuri seemed somewhat stunned. "Oh! Really?" She then smiled. "Well, we could use help with preparations still. It would be great if you could help us!"
"Of course," Kuroh nodded.(I almost typed "Of Kourse".)
Neko bounced cheerfully. "Yeah! Let's go let's go!" She laughed and followed Kukuri away.
"We can help, but we also need to find your alibi," Kuroh turned to Shiro. "Got that?"
Shiro nodded. "Yeah, I know," he stood. "Come on, Yoru. Um.. also.." his face flushed and he looled away slightly.
"What, Shiro?" I took his hand again, leaning forward to try and get to his face.
"Y-your shirt is... um..." he gulped. "Y-your shirt and blazer... a-are unbuttoned... a bit..." his cheeks darkened at the thought as he remembered. "J... just a little..."
I quickly looked down to find my buttons had slipped from when I chased Neko around the classroom a few minutes before. My face burned suddenly and I quickly took my hands to button my clothes. My shirt and blazer were unbuttoned halfway.
I froze as Shiro fumbled with his words. He then began mumbling. "U-um... Yoru...? C-could I have m-my hand... b-back...?"
I quickly looked down to find I was still holding his hand. The only different thing was I had buttoned his hand into my shirt, and could feel it against my left breast. I couldn't breathe and felt my face burning violently, tears in my eyes from embarrassment. I quickly reached into my shirt and grasped his hand, pulling it out. I held it tightly before quickly letting go. My arms locked tightly over my chest, hands clenched together, my eyes shut tight.
"S-sorry, Shiro! I-I'm so sorry!" I squeaked.
I felt like I was going to cry and lose him as my friend, but he did something I didn't expect.
"It's okay, Yoru..." Shiro's arms wrapped around me, pulling me close to his chest and hugging me tight. "It's okay... it was an accident..."
I could feel his heartbeat against my heavy breathing as I softly cried. "I'm so sorry...." I hiccupped. "I-I... I didn't want it to happen like this..." I hiccuped, face hotter with my words. "I-I mean..."
"Me too, Yoru..." Shiro whispered, burying his face in my hair. "I didn't want... it to happen like this either..."
It took me so much to hold in my words while I kept crying in his embrace. My mind was filled with what I was yearning to say.

Shiro... I'm sure I'm falling in love with you.