Running For Our Lives (part 1)

(Ok. So, I had this awesome Shiro theme that was a little different from the one before, but I accidentally deleted it.... I'll try to keep my eyes out for it in case I see it again. But, until then, the song above? You'll know when to play it.*Glint appears in eye*)

We walked back into the school, Neko on his right shoulder and closed umbrella on his other. We walked into the classroom as Kukuri was asking if anyone was free enough to help the Student Council with an errand. Everyone immediately looked at us, too busy preparing for the upcoming festival to help themselves. We looked back at Kukuri.

"Thanks Shiro! Alright." She said. "There! I've sent the list to your PDA."
Shiro looked all over his body, unable to find it. He looked at her and grinned awkwardly, shrugging. "Aheheh.... I think I left it at home." He laughed awkardly.
Kukuri gasped. "Whaaaat? (I can just picture NintendoCapriSun saying this sentence in his weird voice XD) You've lost your PDA?!"
Shiro chuckled. "Uh... well..."
She looked at me. "What about you, Yoru?"
I blinked. "I left mine back home, too.... at Shiro's place...."
She groaned. "Fine. I'll write it down for you." She said instead. She finished. "But wait.... if you don't have your PDA they won't let you off campus..." she said.
Shiro ripped the paper off the top of the notebook. "It'll be fine. Leave it to me!" He winked, waving the paper.

We walked along the bridge, and onto the overpass-thing. I wasn't good with remembering what it was called, exactly. Shiro walked on my left as he read off the directions. "And then just go drop the receipt off at the school. Sounds simple enough." He smiled.
He stopped and looked at the sea on his left. I stopped walking as well, looking back at him. He stared at the ocean as wind blew through his white hair, moving it to his right. I felt my cheeks heat up, turning a light pink. I stared at his amber-brown eyes as light reflected off the water, then them. I sighed silently. He blinked and looked at me. Neko did too. He smiled. "Let's get going, right?"
I nodded, smiling back, cheeks as light a pink as my incredibly light hair. He caught up to me and we started walking again.

I sighed as I walked next to him. I closed my eyes and, unknowingly, a small, sweet smile crept onto my face. Shiro looked at me. "Yoru?" He asked.
I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Um, yeah?" I blinked.
"Your my close friend, right?"
I smiled wide. "Of course! We share a dorm room, remember? Ever since I met you, I've lived there! I.... I think I moved in the day we met. We really hit it off!" I smiled.
He laughed. "Yeah, but that's not what I mean."
I blinked. "You mean...."
He blinked. "Uh... I'm just asking if we're close friends!" He smiled.
I blinked again. I smiled wide. "Of course!" I yelled. "We're best friends!" I immediately wrapped my arms around him in a hug. He was only a little taller than me, so my chin was just a few centimeters below his shoulder.
He blinked, Neko jumping on his head in slight suprise. I smiled while holding him tight. He then let out a small sigh. "Hm." He chuckled. He threw his arms around me and hugged back.
"You'll always be my best friend, Shiro. No matter what!"
He grinned. "I know. And you'll always be mine! No matter what!!"
Neko meowed as if to agree the same thing for her. I laughed and then Shiro did. After a minute, we both let go, and Neko returned to his shoulder. She nuzzled her cheek against mine before I got too far away. I smiled. "Aww. Thanks, Neko." I gave her a pet as she gave small meow.
I smiled. I gently grabbed Shiro's right hand in my left, him still holding the note. He looked at me. I gave him a closed eye smile, a light pink blush painted on my cheeks. He smiled back, doing the same, except he didn't blush.
At least.... I think he didn't.

We walked out of the firework shop, waving back inside at the cashier. Shiro had a carefree smile on his face, and it made me smile. Neko tilted her head from his right shoulder. I smiled at her. We turned to start walking. "Oh!" Shiro pushed the fireworks deeper into the bag so they wouldn't fall out.
We started walking. "You know...." I said.
He looked at me.
".... your cute. I mean, your so much fun!" I smiled at him.
Neko made a sound of confusion as Shiro blinked. He smiled. "Your really cute too." He ruffled my hair.
"Hey!" I complained. I then laughed. "Oh, nevermind..."
He laughed. He stopped and I fixed my hair as we walked.  We heard a small knock of something hitting the ground behind us. We immediately turned around to see a boy on a skateboard with a baseball bat. He raised it and swung at us. We jumped out of the way, falling on the ground as he destroyed the storefront behind us. The boy stood up, putting the bat over his right shoulder, and gave us a cold look. He looked at his watch, pressing a button. A blue screen appeared, as well as two pictures on that screen. He glared at Shiro and the screen disappeared. He stood up straight and smirked, sending a shiver down my spine. This didn't feel good, right, or.... even safe. Shiro, Neko, and I blinked twice. Shiro blinked again as he gave an awkward smile. "Hello?"