Yoru's Diary #3

November 11, 2016

Today is Remembrance Day. My dad's father fought in the war; a German.
I don't really like the Germans from back then, not trying to be rude. But... Grandpa thought the reason was rediculous as well. My dad, he was around at that time- a little boy at the time.
My dad looks quite young for his age. He looks 29 at 55! Heh. And my mum.... a nice Japanese girl, in her forties. My grandpa... I went to see him today. He's about 83. My grandmother is still in America, studying plants. Bit odd, actually. She's always been the strange one for plants or cooking. My dad's the one who would go off to a library or historical monument. He keeps rambling on May 8th about a lady named Klaudia. I don't know much about her, only that she died in the war, and that my dad liked her, thought she was a nice lady. When she wasn't working she would sometimes play a game with him; like chess!
I wonder what they would be like if I knew them. If I knew Klaudia, or this guy that was called the Lieutenant. My dad would always run up to him yelling "Lieutenant, Lieutenant!" And a big grin on his face.
Heh... It's hard to imagine a young boy like my dad doing something like that. He awlways said something about Klaudia - she had a family. But, for some reason, he didn't want to talk about them much. I don't understand it. But, I suppose, that is heartbreak? Did they die? Did they leave her alone? I don't know. And I'll probably never know. But I don't even know what heartbreak feels like. I've never.... had anyone or lost any friends. And all my friends are either at Ashinaka or somewhere else in Tokyo! There aren't many friends for me at Ashinaka, though. It gets kinda lonely...

(Expect a chapter later today or tomorrow! Probably today (I hope) and I most likely have to because Kuroh is this close to murdering me; he watches me sleep while holding Kotowari close and at the ready😨 so please God, help me.
-Augi Aguto ( Yoru Burakku ))