Can We Stay The Same?

I could hardly think as we all lay in Shiro's dormroom, Kuroh Yatogami among us. We had spent the entire afternoon chasing each other around, and had eventually made our way back to the dorm.
I was drowning in my own personal thoughts and conflictions as well. Emotions are so confusing, and I feel as if I could jever understand.
But I was going to try.
"H-hey... Shiro?" I wheezed.
He looked down at me laying on his chest. "Yeah, Yoru...? What is it?"
"I wanna ask... you something."
Neko yawned and sat up. "Gee... that was tiring!"
"C.... Colorless King," Kuroh Yatogami pushed himself up. We all snapped into alert, standing stiffly. "You're mine!"
A growl made us all stop.
Shiro laughed. "How about... we eat first?"
"No!" Kuroh Yatogami yelled.
His stomach then growled too, and we laughed again.
"Dammit..." he muttered, giving in.

We watched into the kitchen as kuroh yatogami readied himself. His eyes fell upon his small suitcase, a note from Kukuri attached to it. With his cooking tools inside the case now out and usable, he began to cook.
Shiro tugged on my arm. I turned to look at him, his amber eyes soft and warm.
"You... never asked me that question."
My heart jerked in my chest. "Right... well," I walked over to him as he stood in the lounge area. "It's really important," I said quietly.
"Oh Yoru," he laughed. "Don't be so serious!"
I looked away and sighed. My eyes met his once more. "Shiro... okay, this is what I want to know," I took a deep breath. "I have something I'm unsure anout but still think I should tell you. But I don't want anything to go wrong... I wanted to know if..." I looked at him again. "Can we stay the same, Shiro?"
He seemed almost taken back. "Yes! Of course. But why would you think what you would say..."
"I can't tell you yet." I said quickly.
"You can't? I won't force you." He said kindly.

Oh Shiro...

"Fine!" I said loudly.
"Hunh?" Shiro blinked in confusion as I took a step close to him, putting my hands gently on his cheeks, and pulling him to me.
And our lips met. They were soft and my heart felt like it would burst in my chest. It almost didn't feel real.

"... Yoru!"
"She's dehydrated," I heard Kuroh Yatogami say.
I opened my eyes.
"Yoru!" Shiro cried once more, this time in relief. "You passed out!"
"Be careful, Yoru!" Neko popped up.
Shiro stared at me. "You had a question... about staying the same?"
"It was a dream," I muttered with a sigh. "Nevermind. I just meant...  no matter what happens, let's always be friends."
Shiro smiled widely. "Yeah!" He laughed. "Always!"