Chapter 25

My head is tilted towards the ceiling, soaking in every word of the musical piece playing through the speakers. It is raw – unfinished, unedited, and less than perfect – but I can already visualize the masterpiece it will become. Each line carries so much meaning, and the underlying beat contributes to the desperation of the rapper's voice. I can picture the choreography we have formulated dancing across my head, and I make a mental note of where the motions do not flow into each other as they should. The song ends before the chorus, leaving my heart aching to hear more and my mind automatically completing the tune as I imagine it.

Hoseok has loosely titled this song Boy Meets Evil. Every aspect of this song – the lyrics, music, and choreography – are pieces that match perfectly to form a title. They all bind together so well that I cannot help admiring my boyfriend for his genius.

Boyfriend. The word is foreign, yet not unwelcome. I lift my head upright and find Hoseok grinning at me, his legs spread out on the floor in front of me.

"I think you like this song," he chuckles, nudging my foot gently with his.

"I love this song," I insist, smiling back. "I don't understand how you make such beautiful music."

His cheeks redden at the praise, and I lean forward over my legs to bravely plant a kiss on his lips. Even after months of dating him, every kiss feels like our first, and the feeling of his lips softly caressing mine never ceases to make my heart pound. He grazes his thumb over my cheek lightly, his beautiful heart-like smile decorating his face.

"Oppa!" I giggle when he cups my cheeks with his warm hands to hold me in place and kiss me again. Not that I am complaining. "We need to get to work."

"We are working." He pecks my lips in between each word, ending the statement with a lingering kiss that causes my head to swim from a lack of air.

I sigh and push myself to my feet, brushing off my leggings even though the floor is hardly dirty. "I mean, we need to work." I play the song once more from the beginning and mark out the choreography we have devised. Hoseok's dark, soulful eyes are glued to me the entire time, his lips curling up into a smile every time I purse my lips in distaste. Finally, the song reaches the end of our planned choreography, and my eyes flutter shut, allowing my mind to take over and lose myself in a freestyle that conveys the words of the music. My eyes pop open when I discover a dance that works wonderfully, and I scurry to Hoseok's side, pulling him to his feet.

"I know it all," I rap quietly, my body carrying out the choreography while my eyes are glued to his. "This love is another name for evil / Don't hold my hand." I throw my arms backward and pivot 180 degrees, immediately stepping to the front and shifting my weight forward, my legs spread towards the mirror. Pausing in that position, I watch as he grins widely and repeats the motion, ending up in the same position.

"Even though I shout it, I betrayed my conscience," he adds, using one hand to push his knees outward and inward, then he jolts up to a standing position, effortlessly transitioning into the next piece of choreography.

I clap rapidly and bounce on the balls of my feet. "It's perfect!"

Hoseok smiles at my blatant excitement and pauses his train of thought to wrap one arm around my waist. His fingers reach up to push my hair back from my forehead and cup the back of my neck, pulling me into a deep kiss. My hands pause their quick motion to wrap around his neck, and I can't stop a smile from spreading to my face.

"I can't kiss you if you are smiling," he chuckles, resting his forehead on mine.

"I'm sorry – I'm just so happy."