Chapter 6: Can't believe this is happening!

I have no idea whatsoever where I am off to, I am walking down the street with my small pull along case, I can hear Jess and Olly calling my name, I'm not going to answer them, I'm not coming back, not even if I was paid thousands of pounds! I would rather live on the streets then come back to this hellhole!

I might go to my cousin Niamh's house, she is 15 as well, hopefully her mom will let me stay for a while, the thing is, you have to walk through a really rough alley to get to her house, I'm a little bit scared about it if I'm honest.

I'm near that alley right now, there isn't as many dodgy people as there normally is, I'm glad about that, but as I am near the end of the alley I hear running, then shouting, I turn around to see a big man smoking a cigarette running after me. The man is shouting, "OI! YOU GIRL! COME HERE NOW!" "What?" I say, I'm shaking, he is one of the dodgy people I saw.

The man catches up with me and grabs my arm, I try to shake his hand off, but he's gripping my arm too tight. "Get off me!" I am so scared. The man stares in my eyes, I look away awkwardly, "So, what you got in your bag?" The man says, "Oh just some erm ... clothes and stuff." I am really scared now. "Can I see?" "No." "Why? Are you running away?" The man grabs my suitcase and opens it, all the contents spill onto the floor, I kick his shins then he shoves me onto the floor, he picks up the contents and says, "nothing interesting here," he kicks my stomach and walks casually away.

I pick myself up off the floor and brush the dirt off my jeans, it was lucky that I put my phone in my trouser pocket otherwise he would have took that. "Hey! Are you okay?" A woman with short, curly grey hair ran up to me, "I've rang the police, they should be here any minute!" "Erm thanks but erm ... no thanks!" I grabbed all my clothes, which were all muddy from the floor, and the rest of my things, shoved them in the case and ran off.

I couldn't have the police all suspicious, they'd wonder why I wasn't with an adult, and even if I told them I was sleeping over at a friends house, they'd still probably ring Olly to check that I was aloud.

I slowed down and looked back to see the woman on the phone staring at me, oh no, what was she doing? Was she ringing the police to tell them about me? Was she ringing child services to come and get me?

I ran around the corner of the path to Niamh's house, I knocked on the door ...........................

No answer

Knocked again ....................

Still no answer

I noticed a little sheet of paper sticking out of the letterbox, I took it out and read ....

Me and my daughter Niamh have gone on holiday to Spain, not sure what day we are coming back, if you need anything, leave a message on our telephone at:

0121 3423 7865 9871

Thanks! Mrs.Stanley xx

I remembered seeing Niamh grab a spare house key from under the flowerpot, I grabbed it and opened the front door, I walked in the neat and tidy house, making sure to close the door behind me. I put my bag down on the cream sofa and went upstairs to the bathroom, gosh! I looked a state.

My face was all dirty from the mud when the man pushed me over, I had a boot mark from when the man kicked me on my tummy and my jeans were ripped from when I fell. I had a quick shower and got into my spare clothes, I walked downstairs, made myself some pizza and watched my favourite programme on TV 'friends.'

I was laughing my head off at Phoebe and Rachel on friends when all of a sudden, I heard a key in the door, oh god no. I ran upstairs and lay under Niamhs bed, I heard Niamh and her mom walk in the house, "Oh mom that was the best holiday ever but I have gotta' say, I am so glad to be home." Niamh's mom laughed, "And me!" She agreed.

I heard bangs coming up the stairs, oh god, it was Niamh with her suitcase, she padded into the room and opened her cupboard, "I'll have to put it under my bed." Niamh murmured, she grabbed her suitcase and shoved it under her bed, but I was in the way. "What's that?" Niamh said, she looked under and screamed ....

"MMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"SHHHH!! Niamh, it's me!"

*Authors part*

Oh no, Niamh caught her, what's going to happen to Jem?

Btw, I got the name Niamh from the one and only @MrsNiamhyMurs who writes AMAZING fanfics, you should have a read xxx