eps1.11_zer0-day.avi

Start from the beginning

"D-Demands?" Ackley whimpered. "I-I hope they don't get too violent..."

"We require someone that even the SCU has failed to capture." Hekate continued, "Mindlapse... come meet with us here, or we'll kill the hostages, one by one!"

"Wh-What the hell-?!" Red jumped up, looking like she was going to kick the TV. "What if he's not watching?!"

"The choice is yours, Mindlapse." Seth approached the camera more closely. "You have three hours to get here... we're being kind."

Seth smashed the camera, leaving the screen blank once more. Everyone sat in silence for a few seconds before responding.

"Wh-What do we do...?" Carlen said, stunned. "What if Mindlapse doesn't show up-?!"

"I'm sure the SCU will sort it out." Schnee told the group. "Right, Professor...?"

Everyone turned to face Clarence. He was trembling, his face pale as snow. Luella attempted to get him to speak, but all that came out were short, fragmented sentences.

"Clarence, it's just as Schnee said... the SCU will take care of it..." Luella tried to reassure him, offering an outstretched hand.

"They won't be able to stop them, you know it's true!" Yelled Clarence, slapping away her hand. "It's my fault this has happened-! MY FAULT!"

As he screamed his last line, a shockwave of sound and emotion overcame everyone in the room. Red, like the others, clutched her head in pain. It was a constant, throbbing pain that wouldn't go away. Tears swelled up in her eyes. She doubted that she'd experience something like this ever again.

Luella, on the other hand, was considerably worse for wear. Her robotic limbs malfunctioned, leaving her collapsed on the ground, clutching her dead robotic arm. She looked as if she wanted to say something, but her mouth refused to let any words escape from her throat.

"M-M-Ms. Yvette-!" Dai and Felice rushed towards her, despite the pain in their heads. Luella didn't respond, her left eye going blank.

"I-I've never seen her like this before..." Ackley soothed Luella, using his powers to try and grow a plant strong enough to prop her up.

Clarence looked at Luella. She couldn't look up at him. He looked as if he was going to faint. Before anyone could say anything else, he crashed into the doorway and ran out. Their headaches subsided.

Luella attempted to stand up to run after him, but Ackley's plants weren't strong enough to support him yet. She fell back down.

Schnee stood up and bowed. "I'll go, Miss. If anyone but you... I'm sure I could knock some sense into him."

Felice patted Luella on the back. "I can tell she trusts you, Schnee... we'll help her out. You go and check on the Professor." She smiled up at him, exchanging the smile that Luella couldn't.

Schnee ran out, remembering where the Professor would go when upset. He had been one of the first few children that he had adopted. They knew each other well. Next to Luella and Sanlo, he considered himself an expert on him.

It didn't take long for Schnee to work out the Professor's connection to Mindlapse. He had read all of the newspaper articles and watched all the documentaries about him as a child. He was surprised that nobody else had called him out about it.

Although he had kept it a secret from the Professor for now, he always thought that he knew. He never did stop him from researching Mindlapse. He wondered why.

He knew he was near when he started to get a headache. Using the pain of it as an indicator, he found where the Professor was hiding.

It was a hallway, usually restricted to students. Schnee ignored this (despite how much it hurt his heart to do so). The hallway was dedicated to Clarence's parents, with flowers galore. Clarence was sobbing near them.