He chuckled, "Nah, it's not like that. I understand them."

"That's your business, not mine," I said, "But that's not fair."

Suddenly, I heard someone's stomach grumbling as I laughed. "Nick? Are you starving?" I asked with a wide smile.

"I can't help it," he answered, "The food they're giving here is not edible."

"Lucky for you I remembered your text from yesterday," I said with a smile, opening my handbag and taking out a small package.

"What's this?" he asked suspiciously, slowly taking it and opening. He pulled out a Big Mac and medium-sized fries that I bought a minute before exiting MacDonald's, remembering how he texted me yesterday that hospital food sucked.

A smile spread across his face as he looked relieved, his smile indeed reaching his eyes, "You are my savour, thank you."

I smiled in answer, looking over at Clary's who I just remembered. She was still standing near the door.

"Why are you not sitting down?" I asked her, motioning at a chair that stood beside Nick's bed and another one that stood near the window.

"I'm fine. I'll get coffee from cafeteria," she said, going out and closing the door behind her.

I turned back to Nick, seeing his mouthful of Big Mac. "Aren't you allowed to stand up at all?" I asked him.

He swallowed before answering, "Not today, not tomorow, but after tomorrow I'll be able to go walk at the park of the hospital only with assistance. As for me I already feel good enough to go out of this hole for once and for good; but I guess I'm not the one deciding."

"Well, you look pale enough to stay in bed whole day."

"I don't feel pale."

I laughed, going near the window and looking out. The hospital park was seen from here. It was a normal field with a few patients walking with assistance of nurses or relatives.

"Can you help me?" Nick asked, putting the trash from MacDonald's leftovers aside. He sat up straighter, "I want to stand up."

"You shouldn't," I said, running to his side.

"I'll take just a couple of steps. I just want to look out of the window, my legs haven't moved for three days!"

"Fine," I agreed, knowing the feeling of it.

I stood by his side as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders to help him walk. We slowly moved a few steps further, stopping in front of a window.

"Does it hurt?" I asked him, looking on my left to see his face.

He shook his head, "It's still a bit difficult to move, but it doesn't hurt."

"Okay," I whispered before starting to talk normally, "You saw what's out if the window, let's go back now."

"A couple of more minutes, please?" he asked.

I sighed, wrapping an arm around his waist to hold him better.

From the window we could see the sky. It was totally blue and green trees that seemed to be touching the sky looked bright in all the colors of summer. It was already October, to be true, but the weather was very kind this year.

"What are you thinking about?" Nick suddenly asked, looking my way.

I ignored his gaze, still looking out of the window, "Nothing, nothing at all."

He sighed heavily his eyes not leaving mine. I could see from the corner of my eyes his stare, not handling it and looking his way.

His eyes quickly darted to my lips and back, as mine did the same. He licked his lips before leaning over so slow, I had to convince myself he was actually moving. I held in my breath, being totally unable to move, to think, to speak, or whatever... His parted lips were less that inch from mine and there they froze. I didn't know what he was waiting for, but I couldn't handle his hot breath on my lips anymore, as I moved on my own, smacking our lips together.