Chapter 1

***Chapter 1***

NAAALIW NA PINAGMASDAN ko ang babaeng may napakaamong mukha sa monitor na nasa harap ko.

I was watching her for a couple of minutes now through the computer in front of me.

I was in the secret room, it was full of computers that shows the woman whom I was guarding for a couple of days now.

Napapailing na ipinatong ko ang dalawang paa ko sa upuang nasa harapan ko habang pinagmamasdan sa monitor si Roxanne Padilla.

I was forbidden to go near her. I'm not allowed to show myself to her. And here I am, going crazy thinking why I couldn't show myself to this beautiful woman.

I can still remember the conversation between me and James.

"Roxanne Padilla, the only daughter of the late General Roswell Padilla, was abducted one year ago. May hawak siyang napakahalagang bagay kaya siya kinidnap. We consider her as a witness dahil hawak niya ang isang napakahalagang ebidensya." I was just listening to James Karl Smith, the Phoenix leader.

Kasama ko ang pinsan kong si Edsel Ford. He have something important to discuss with the both of us. Our new mission, indeed.

James was talking with Edsel and I asked him if what will be my mission. Itinuro nito ang isang itim na folder sa akin.

Binuklat ko iyon at natigilan nang makita ang babaeng nasa litrato. Ito ang mukhang kahit kailan ay hinding-hindi ko makakalimutan.

Dali-dali kong isinara ang folder at muling tumingin kay James. I want to say something but I couldn't speak.

I should talk to James without my cousin's presence.

James looked at me with seriousness in his eyes.

"Just a warning. Don't come near her. Huwag na huwag kang magpapakita. Bantayan mo lang siya mula sa malayo. She's in a situation that you can never imagined. At mas makabubuti para sa kanya na nasa malayo ka lang." James said and I just nodded.

I feel like I'm not in a my own self. At madami akong naiisip. What happened to her?

Natapos si James sa pag discuss sa amin kung ano ang gagawin. Edsel looked at me.

"Hindi ka pa uuwi?" Tanong nito.

Sandali ko itong sinulyapan at tiningnan ko si James.

"Susunod ako. I have something to discuss with Phyton." I said and Edsel left us.

"You look bothered." James said as he looked at me.

"She was the one I saved one year ago." Usal ko.

Kumunot ang noo ni James.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't forget this face, Phyton." Sabi ko at iminuwestra ang litrato sa folder na hawak ko.

"Remember when you gave me a mission and it was just a trapped? You told me to leave that mansion immediately because that mansion was about to explode." I explained. "And I saw this woman indise the mansion. She was naked, she was weak and full of bruised all over her body. I saved her and brought her to the hospital. Iniwan ko lang siya sandali pero pagbalik ko ay wala na siya."

James looked at me with disbelief in his eyes.

"What a small world." He murmured.