Chapter 7

The bracelet, the memory, it all started to make sense. I had found another puzzle piece but there was so many still missing. 

Silence filled the air, he refused to talk or budge while I stood shocked and in wonder. 

"Why?" I asked in a low voice. I played the memory over and over again in my head hoping to find some other clue, something I may have missed. "Why were we secretly going out?" I took a small step towards him but he moved back, his head down and eyes fixated on the floor as if he couldn't bear to look at me. 

"Why am I going out with Max?" I blurted the question out without a second thought, I had so much to ask, so much I needed to know. Daniel's shoulders slouched as he exhaled deeply. 

"I don't know Lana." He rubbed his forehead and turned around to leave. 

"Wait!" I ran past him and blocked the exit by holding my arms up to the sides, "Daniel you can't just leave like this. I know you're hiding something and I have to know. I don't want to be stuck like this forever." I pleaded him with my eyes. The air felt cold and the room started to shrink. The intensity in his eyes softened as he reached forward and lowered my hands. He held my hands loosely in his and gazed down at them stuck with a choice to make. 

"Okay." He spoke softly but I could see the regret in his eyes, he didn't want to tell me but he needed to. Why did he want to hide so bad? He walked back towards the bed and pulled me with him. His hands were big compared to my small ones but they covered mine and kept them warm. It sent a little tingle up my fingers and forearms. He released them and a cold wave of air swept against the warmth of my hands. I sat next to him at an angle so I could face him, our knees brushed against one another. 

"Lana you were..." He thought for a while, trying to find the right words, "secretive, mysterious, loud, annoying, bitchy". I cocked my head to the side confused.

"Doesn't sound like something you would say to your girlfriend?" I'll admit I was slightly flirting and I don't know why it just came out like a natural reaction. Just his presence itself affected me and before I had no idea why but now I think I understood. He chuckled deeply and bit his lower lip slightly. I tried not to stare at his luscious lips and glared at a random object hoping it would stop my heart from beating so hard against my chest. My stomach twisted and my breathing quickened. 

"That's how you were with others but with me..." He leaned forward, his face inches from mine; I refused to look at him and kept my eyes on the carpet, looking at all its details. He raised a hand and rested it beneath my chin, his thumb brushed past my bottom lip. "Passionate, loving, full of hope, desire." I tore my eyes away from the carpet and looked into his. It's like he had opened the doors into his soul because the more I looked in them the more I felt like I was going inside, being hypnotized by those gorgeous pale eyes.  He glimpsed down at my slightly parted lips, he knew what he was doing.

"Did you love me?" My voice a hoarse whisper, my palms sweaty and butterflies filled my stomach. Every time he got this close it made me nervous. He dropped his hand and placed it around my waist, he pulled me onto his lap and took a better look at me. He rested a hand behind my neck and pulled me closer so that my lips were an inch away from his. 

"I would have given my life for yours." He murmured before brushing his lips against mine ever so gently. It only lasted a second before he pulled back to take in my features. "The old Lana wouldn't take anyone's shit but with me she was soft." He wrapped his arms around me and got up, I shrieked as he turned and dropped me flat on my back. "With me she was vulnerable," he held me down by my wrists and hovered above me. I struggled against him but he was too strong, I couldn't even budge him.