Chapter 10: Eleanor

"You've been so busy," Eleanor sighs as Louis kisses along her neck. "I've hardly seen you these past couple weeks."

"I know, I've been crazy at work," Louis leans over his fiancée and brings her mouth to his own.

"I'm happy to see you now," she smiles against his lips, mouthing and kissing over his stubble, until her eyes flutter open in a distracted frown. "Have you been kissing someone?"

Louis scoffs. He simply wants to forget about the night he just had, so he voices a surreptitious no and continues to kiss the woman below him.

"Louis-" Eleanor hastily pulls away, "your mouth tastes like an ashtray."

Louis' brain hitches before he shamefully exhales and buries his face in his pillow.

"Yes," he breathes. "I went to dinner with this guy and he kissed me."

Eleanor's eyebrows raise as she stares at her fiancée in bewilderment, "What the fuck are you talking about?!"

"My mum set me up with this guy and he thought I was gay and it was just..." Louis groans, readjusting himself and sitting up against the headboard of his bed. "It was a whole misunderstanding."

"Your mum set you up with a guy?!"

"Yeah."

"You told me you were going to dinner with a client."

"No."

"What the hell is going on?!"

"Look," Louis softens his voice, "I overheard you talking to the other girls on your girls' night and-"

"I knew it."

"Look," he repeats, sitting up cross-legged so he can think more clearly. "I know that you're stressed out that I don't have any close friends, so I've been trying to meet someone."

"Right, you've been try- Okay, so that explains a lot," Eleanor throws up her hands in comprehension. "I thought it was so weird that you wanted to hang out with Zayn."

"Yeah, exactly," Louis rolls his eyes. "Guy's a dick."

"Yeah," Eleanor sighs.

"I threw up in his face," he states bluntly.

"Yeah, I know," she muses airily. "Perrie told me."

"I threw-" Louis grimaces, physically needing to quote himself. "I threw up in his... a lot."

"Yeah."

"Projectiled."

"Yeah."

"That's a real thing."

"Yeah."

"Well, I don't think I'm gonna meet anybody by June thirtieth," Louis reaches out to hold his fiancée's hand over their bedsheets, "so our wedding party's gonna be a little uneven."

"Louis, I don't care," she caresses his face with her slender hand. "I just want you to be happy... and to stop kissing strange men," she laughs along with the man as they resume kissing. Until she stops them again. "Wow, it's really smokey in there."

"Yeah, he got up in there," Louis purses his lips in annoyance.

"Tongue?"

"Oh, yeah."

Eleanor fails at hiding her displeased cringe, "You wouldn't mind brushing your teeth, would you?"

"No," Louis hums. "I've already done it a couple of times," he climbs out of bed and lightly jogs into their en suite bathroom. "I'll do the mouthwash again."

"There's some Tom's in the top cabinet," Eleanor calls out to him, pulling her covers over herself once again.

"No," Louis yells back, "I gotta go with chemicals on this."

"I love you," she sings.

"I love you, too," he voices loudly. "I might use Comet."

And as Louis is rinsing his mouth out with the mouthwash that Eleanor bought for them last week, he thinks to himself.

Maybe he doesn't really care to kiss her all night like he once thought he did.

There isn't the same attraction between them like there was when they were first dating.

However, with that said, there's absolutely no one.

No one Louis knows who suits him more than his current fiancée. No one who cares for him like he believes she truly does. There's no one in this world who Louis has met that he could settle for and feel alright with doing so, aside from Eleanor Calder.

No one.

At least not yet.

·

louis just hasn't met harry styles... yet ;)

thank you for reading and your lovely feedback! x