Chapter 01: The Proposal

Fate has a strange way of sneaking up on us. We might believe we have everything laid out perfectly ahead of us, only to wake up one morning wanting something so incredibly different and far from our reach. Craving it, even.

And sometimes, we can be lucky enough to eventually grasp onto those things. To hold them from the tips of our fingers to the pads of our palms. To have that feeling of waking up and knowing we're on track.

That one feeling: This is where we were supposed to be all along.

Fate is what drives us.

Fate is what keeps us here.

Fate is the train that brought Harry into Louis' life.

And fate is the track that guided Harry to what he didn't know he needed most:

Louis.

·

If Louis ever felt like he had a real talent for anything, it would be real estate. Travelling, meeting new people, breaking new ground, the smell of freshly planned blueprints, constantly seeing his ideas become a reality.

Buying, selling, buying, selling.

It really gets him worked up in the good kind of way.

With a steady job, a clean home and a loving girlfriend, Louis genuinely feels like he has his whole life ahead of him.

Then again, Louis has no idea what fate has in store for him.

·

The young man opens the car door, stepping out onto the paved asphalt.

"So!" he slams the door shut, walking in front of the car towards his girlfriend.

Eleanor mouths a soft 'wow' before he can say anything. She smiles up and around at the vacant lot that surrounds them.

"My plan is to create this cluster of live-work lofts all along the perimeter here. And! C'mere-" Louis grabs her by the hand, leading her along. "I'm also planning this neighborhood kind of dining and retail area in the central square?"

He makes his voice go up at the end. It's his subtle way of asking for her approval. Louis slowly stops walking and pauses in front of her.

"You know, I even had this thought that maybe you, Perrie and Danielle could open up a second location for your store."

"Really?" Eleanor practically jumps at the offer; her eyes wide and sparkling. "Because Perrie keeps talking about wanting to open up another branch!"

"Well it'd be great!" Louis grins. "Yeah, but look. The land is a little pricey, so I couldn't develop it right away, but once I sell Simon Cowell's estate, I figured out I could at least put a down payment on it and still have enough money left over for the reception in Cheshire."

Eleanor's smile falters.

"What are you talking about? What reception?"

Louis calmly takes a step closer to her, letting his hands drop by his sides.

"El, I know it's only been eight months," he voices deeply, "but I am so madly, insanely, ridiculously in love with you."

Eleanor pines at Louis' words, simply beaming at the man in front of her adoringly. Then she watches as Louis lowers himself.

He gets down on one knee.

"Will you marry me?"

Louis opens a small box, presenting a perfectly cut diamond ring set atop a tiny delicate royal blue pillow. Eleanor's hands cover her face; her smile nearly taking over her entire expression...

·

there will be larry romance soon, no worries loves x

please comment if you like :)