Fortune

Sorry it the word flow of this chapter is weird. I was rushing to post it by today!

______

"One more spec of blush andddd wallah!" Vera sings and steps back, turning my chair towards the looking glass.

I open my eyes, looking into the curved mirror to inspect my visage. My long brown hair flows effortlessly from my scalp, each loose curl frames my delicate face. Dark rich pomade tames my thick eyebrows while rich body glitter shines my rich skin.

I was familiar with whispers of the women, commenting on my beauty but of course, I thought nothing of it

I was familiar with whispers of the women, commenting on my beauty but of course, I thought nothing of it. It was only today that I realized their accuracies.

I pass my fingers through my loose curls and gently turn to Vera.

"I look—I look--" I stutter, awestruck at my transformation.

"SEXY!" Vera interjects once more, squeezing my shoulders in play. Janae comes behind me and beams at my attractive appearance.

"Robyn! You look amazing!" she gasps.

"Thanks" I mutter, "Okay, so now what?" I blush, trying to divert the spotlight off of me, "Do I just...?..."  I throw out my legs, attempting to look sexual.

Vera and Janae stifle their laughter as I hopelessly performed.

"Push these up," Vera shifts my breasts, "pull this a little down, and there! One bend of your hip and you'll have him eating at the palm of your hand" Vera boasts.

"Are you sure she can't do this Janae? She is an actual gypsie?" I grumble.

"Ex!" Vera snaps, making sure to correct me.

"No! You said you wanted to personally see the look on the King's face when you loot him, plus Vera might be recognized"

"Fine" I sigh and begin to exit the treehouse. I was nervous about the teasing I would endure from the women in the campsite. They knew I'd rather be in tights and a corset than this scantily clad outfit.

I look to Janae and take a breath a deep breath as I push open the doors. The loud conversation of the women dies out as I step through the campsite; each girl's eyes rest on my costumed figure.

"Has anyone seen Robyn? I can't seem to find her?" one outcast asks.

"Is she a new recruit ?" another woman laughs. The women try to suppress their laughter but to no avail.

"Janae have you seen her?" another woman teases me. Janae suppresses a giggle as we continue down the path.

*WHOOT WHOOT WHISTLE*  the women continue to tease and whistle as I stroll down the pathway. I hold my head high as they taunt me, unfazed by their judgments.

"Robyn you look amazing!" my friend Hadassah says as she hugs me warmly, "Finally! you are starting to dress more like a woman" she sighs.

"Shut up" I push her playfully and we continue to walk.