Calming Down

SOONER THAN EXPECTED RIGHT?! ANYWAY HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

Ron's POV

That literally couldn't have gone worse. I thought as I stood in the hallway where Hermione had left me.

Go get Harry a voice in my head, probably my logic, told me.

I rushed into the hall and looked over to where Harry had been sitting when we left him.

As soon as he spotted me he shot up alert. He jogged over to where I stood frozen.

"What happened." He asked as soon as he had arrived, grabbing my shoulder and leading me back out of the hall.

"She... She was heartbroken. And... And she ran off. I have no idea where she is now."

Harry nodded and said "well lets get the map and find her." 

We made our way up to the dorms without trouble and grabbed the map out of Harry's chest.

"It says she's in the library. Typical." I sighed.

We made our way out of the dorms and made it half way to the library without incident. But as we pasted down a staircase I heard choked sobbing. I looked over and saw Harry had heard it too.

Harry's POV

I heard muffled sobbing coming from below the staircase Ron and I were descending currently. I held up a silent hand for Ron to stop moving.

We froze and listened to the the quite, pitiful, crying.

Slowly I unfolded the map and checked the staircase we we're standing on. The name next to ours read Draco Malfoy.

I stood staring at the name for several seconds before handing the map over to Ron.

Ron let out a small gasp as he inevitably spotted Draco's name. He turned and we locked eyes.

I took a deep breath and slowly crept down the marble staircase, reaching the bottom I turned and poked my head behind the staircase.

I spotted a boy, I presumed it was Draco, I quickly checked up at Ron and waved him past.

Getting the message Ron strolled down the stairs quietly and continued down the path to the library, not without a quick glance back at me though.

When Ron was finally out of sight I crept forward crouching down to fit under the stairs.

Draco's sobbing hadn't slowed by the time I had reached him.

I had sat down next to him before he noticed my presence. He instantly quieted holding his breath to stop from sobbing.

"What do you want" Draco rushed out ending with a small sob.

Instead of answering I asked, "What's wrong?"

"Noth-" he was cut off by his own sob.

I decided to try a different tactic. Instead of talking I just wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into my chest.

I had no idea why I was doing it but it felt right.

Draco whimpered in my arms and I squeezed him closer. His tears fell onto my arm and rolled down the curve.

He twisted in my arms so he could face me. "Why." He asked

"I don't know." I laid my head on top of his "it just feels right."

Before I could do anything else Draco's wings appeared and wrapped themselves around us in a cocoon-like thing.

Draco buried his head in my chest and, a couple of seconds ago I could have sworn I was straight, but right now all I could think of was how adorable that was.

My heart started beating faster and I took deep breaths so Draco wouldn't hear it.

Hesitantly I moved my hands towards the blond locks of Draco's hair. Reaching them I pushed my fingers in between strands and ran them through it untangling any snarls and smoothing it at the same time.

Draco tensed for a second before relaxing and leaning into the touch.

After a couple of minutes, I stopped and asked: "you good?"

His only response was a nod.

I lifted his face and asked him, trying not to blush too much, "what was that about?"

I only got a mumbled response.

"Hey come on, you need to talk to someone about this, if not me one of your friends?"

He wiped his nose before crossing his arms and sitting up straight. "I won't be able to fly."

"What? But I saw you fly last night?"

"Yeah because I was angry, and that was more gliding anyway."

"But what does being angry have to do with flying?" I inquired.

"If I feel an extreme emotion I can fly without instruction, but without it." he shook his head, "only a veela's father can teach them to fly."

"Oh, Draco I'm sorry."

He stood up abruptly as if just realizing what was happening. "I don't care, I- leave me alone." Then he stormed off, leaving Harry sitting on the floor with a tear stained shirt.

Ron's POV

After I had left Harry to deal with Malfoy I continued on my way to the library.

I eventually reached the doors of the library a slowly opened them, checking the map to make sure she was still in here before heading over to where I assumed she was reading.

I walked around a bookcase and found her crouched on a stool over a book that I know she had not been reading yesterday.

"Moine?" I said hesitantly. Her head snapped up and she closed her book with a slam.

"I don't wanna talk to you," she said before, holding her book under her arm, standing up and sharply moving to find somewhere else to read.

"Hermione please!" I begged, earning a shushing from the librarian. "I'm sorry I lead you on, I'm sorry I thought I liked girls, I'm sorry I didn't figure it out sooner, I'm sorry I broke your heart!" I collapsed onto my knees. "But I hope you can someday forgive me and accept me for who I am."

"I know you need time, and I'll give you that, but please, don't block me out of your life."

She had stopped in her tracks unmoving. "Give me a week, I'll think about it." And with that she strode off, robes billowing behind her.

"Oh thank Merlin." I sighed letting my head fall and a tentative smile find its way onto my face.

She'll think about it.

HEY!! HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!!! IDK WHEN I'LL BE UPDATING AGAIN BUT HOPEFULLY SOON RIGHT? ANYWAY SEE YOU LATER!!

Always. -C.M.W.Y.W