Habbits

HOLY SHIT. 820 VIEWS. 820!!!!! THAT'S A LOT!!! HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!? YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY. ANYWAY SORRY AGAIN  FOR NOT UPDATING, I WAS UHH... WORKING ON THE OTHER STORY I JUST PUBLISHED??? IS THAT AN ACCEPTABLE ANSWER?!?!!!?? *HIDES* BTW THIS IS A FILLER CHAPTER BUT STILL NECESSARY TO THE PLOT? ANYWAY HOPE YOU LIKE!

Harry

I rose from my bed at 8:00 when Neville timidly prodded me from my bed with his wand.

I had always been jumpy when people would wake me, but it was usually only the occasional struggle, yelp or a few times a punch when I was woken to suddenly, mostly by Ron.

But after the first 3 attempts on my life, I started sleeping with my wand. I didn't mean to, it kinda just happened. As a repercussion of that, it became a more precious task to wake me. 'A hex in the morning is good for you' they used to joke, as I would grumble. Of course, it only got worse after the war. I had moved from expelliarmus, stupefy or other simple hexes, and jinxes to full on curses that could kill you if it hit the wrong way. The joking had stopped with the war. Most mornings I woke myself for fear of hurting one of my dorm mates but sometimes it was inevitable, like when I had gotten restless sleep from another flashback...

"GA!" I shouted as Neville tried to wake me. I reflectively shot 2 deep cutting jinxes and one painful stinging curse.

Neville was pushed out of the way by Seamus while Ron disarmed me.

"Mate! You need to stop that!" Shouted Dean as he tried unsuccessfully to calm down a shaking Neville.

"Sorry" I mumbled looking down and walking to the bathroom. I looked back "Sorry Neville."

After I finished cleaning up (and checking my mask) in the bathroom I went over to Ron for my wand.

He handed it over reluctantly and warned me. "Mate, this isn't healthy. For you or us."

I sighed "I know Ron I'm... working on it" he nodded satisfied.

I put my wand away and headed to breakfast. As I walked a thought about what Hermione had told me earlier.

"Miss Addington saw us in the forest and we have detention. Luckily she didn't see Henry. He had already turned back human and was hidden beneath the tall grass." She had explained, all while finishing her Herbology essay.

She dotted the end of her essay and helped me with a question on my potions homework before she added, "also... Malfoy will be there"

I abruptly stood up. "What?" I whispered, eyes wide with shock and maybe a little fear.

Sighing, she repeated, "Malfoy will be there." I slumped down into my seat sulking. I was not ready to face Malfoy so soon after our last encounter. And there was this weird feeling whenever I thought about Drac-Malfoy. I shook my head, definitely not ready.

As I walked past the ROR hallway a door appeared, which was strange because I hadn't asked for a room. I walked in any way.

What greeted me was a blank room with white walls and a low ceiling. When I looked closer I saw a scrap of paper in the middle of the room. I picked it up and read it confused.

It read: we're coming.

Death eaters were never subtle.

I arrived at the headmaster's office in record time, and while I was listing all of the sweets that came to mind I couldn't stop running my hand through my hair, a habit I never really broke.

Finally, the stairs appeared for lemon flavored sugar quills, and I shot up them note in hand, yelling "Dumbledore! Death Eaters!"I reached the top of the stairs and the headmaster was already standing with a concerned look on his face.  

"Harry, sit down" he walked towards his chair while he spoke. 

I didn't sit instead I paced and started to explain even though I knew he already knew, "Dumbledore in the room of requirement there was a note." I paused and handed him the note. "it's from the death eaters. I think they have a way in the castle and are coming for revenge,  what do we do?" 

He looked up from reading the note and said: "all we can do right now is to inform a few Aurors, but anything else would cause a panic." Internally I was angry, I wanted to do more, but I didn't show it on my face. With practiced perfection I made my face look like I agreed with him. I nodded and he suggested I go to breakfast but that I should come back after classes, I said would and then left. 

I caught up to Ron and Hermione and gave some half-assed excuse for being late, thinking Dumbledore didn't want me to tell anyone. 

As we left the great hall we passed by Julia who was talking with some friends. My eyes flicked to my friends, then back to her. I decided it was fine, and waved at her. She looked up and waved back with a kind smile. 

"Hey, Harry!" she called to me looking over her friend's shoulder.  

"Hi, Julia" I replied and an involuntary smile forced its way onto my face. I didn't realize I had stopped walking until Ron shouted to me. "See ya later?" I asked her, hoping she got the message. I felt really stressed and that can cause flashbacks sometimes, and I liked talking to her. 

Her smile softened as she nodded and replied "of course" then we both turned to our respective friends. Before I reached Ron and Hermione though I thought I heard "you know Harry Potter?!?" then soft laughter. 

"And who was that?" asked Ron as he wiggled his eyebrows "pretty cute..."

I pushed him and laughed as Hermione scolded her boyfriend. "It's not like that Ron," I told him still finding amusement in this.

"Suuuuure" He replied smoothly, turning on his heal and making his robes flutter like a cape.

After classes, I rushed to Dumbledore's office, used the password I used earlier today, and more calmly than before walked up the stairs. 

"Ah, Harry my boy good of you to join us" Dumbledore greeted me, standing with him was the head Auror and his partner. 

They stepped forward and the head told me "we would like to see your memory of finding the note to analyze it for clues"

His partner sighed and shook his head "straightforward as always" then he turned to me and said, "we thank you for your service in defeating the dark lord."

I rolled my eyes but calmly replied "Voldemort." I saw him flinch but kept from rolling my eyes again. 

He cleared his throught and looked at his partner before turning back towards me "O-of course my mistake, I can't seem to break the habit."  I nodded, turning my face understanding, and I fake smiled to completely sell it.

Dumbledore then led me to the pensive and took his wand out. "ready?" he asked me sickeningly sweet. I nodded and he extracted the memory from my brain. They didn't find anything.

As I was leaving I remembered that I had detention, and I started speed walking to the dungeons. When I was halfway there I realized, I was going to the wrong classroom. Shit, I'm gonna be late I thought as I made a one-eighty and started towards the defense classroom. Damn habits, was my last thought before I stepped into the classroom for detention, or as I would later call it, 'hell.'

HEY AGAIN! TELL ME IF YOU WANT THE CHAPTERS TO BE LONGER LIKE 2000 WORDS OR SOMETHING. THIS TOOK ME TO LONG TO UPDATE. HOPE YOU LIKE MY WORD DUMP! BYE!!

always- call me what you want