Was Jim gonna turn into a monster?

...

"I say put a pickaxe in his head, and the dead girls and be done with it." Daryl snarled.

"Is that what you would want? If it was you?" Shane asked. All the adults were talking about what to do with Amy and Jim, Diego was sat on a car in-front of Shane, playing with his hand. Not too long ago, Shane had told the girl he wanted to try and find her some little toys to play with so that she didn't bite her nails or tug her fingers.

"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it." Daryl replied sassily.

"I hate to say it. I never thought I would but maybe Daryl's right." Dale confessed with a grim face. Diego looked at him, he really made her think of Uncle Bobby.

"Jim's not a monster, Dale, or some rabid dog." Rick stressed.

"I'm not suggesting that-" Dale started, only to be cut off by Rick.

"He's sick. A sick man we go down that road then where do we draw the line?" Rick continued.

"The lines pretty clear." Daryl told him. "Zero tolerance for walkers or them to be."

Diego kept playing with Shane's hand as they started talking about getting Jim help. They were on about some weird place called the CDC or Fort Benning. Diego didn't know where they were.

The girl looked up and instantly locked eyes with Daryl. She stopped playing with Shane's fingers. Diego watched in curiosity as Daryl made his way backwards slowly, holding his pickaxe tighter.

"You go looking for aspirin. Do what you need to do. Someone needs to have some balls and take care of this damn problem!"

"Hey, hey, hey!" Rick and Shane ran after Daryl quickly. The man had ran towards Jim, axe raised.

"We don't kill the living." Diego watched with wide eyes as Rick held a gun to Daryl's head.

"S'funny, comin' from a man who just put a gun to my head." Daryl grunted, lowering his axe.

"We may disagree on some things but not on this, now you put it down." Shane told him. "Go on." Daryl grunted loudly, slamming the pickaxe on the ground, storming off.

Shane walked back over to the car, taking off his cap and putting it on Diego's head. He said something about getting sun sick. She didn't know that the sun could make you sick. After that, he went to talk with Rick.

Diego yawned and decided she wanted to go back to sleep. After speaking with Lori, the woman tucked her into a bed and left.
...

When Diego woke up, she was super warm and cocooned in blankets. She felt like a butterfly. She shifted a little and saw Toby next to her. With a little squeal, she untangled her arms and grabbed her friend. It was then she noticed she was in a car.

The girl looked to the drivers seat and saw Daryl. He was chewing on his nails. Sammy always told her that was bad, so she leant over and smacked his hand away. The man jolted, before shooting the girl a nasty look.

"Ah, you're alive?" Daryl spoke sarcastically.

"Where is we?" Diego ignored him as she scrubbed her eyes. She was used to the same teasing from Dean. She missed Dean.

"We're headed to the CDC." Daryl told the girl.

"So that we can help Jimbo?" Diego asked.

"Nah we had to leave him earlier, I was gonna wake ya, so you could say your goodbyes but Shane said not to." Daryl grumbled before looking to the road, effectively ignoring the four year old. Diego pouted at his ignorance. He wasn't even playing music in the car! Dean always had music on.

After what felt like ages, they finally stopped and Daryl gestured for the kid to get out of the car. Diego quickly stuffed her blanket into her blue bag and tossed it onto her back. With one hand clutching Toby, she reached for Daryl's hand.

Daryl moved his hand as if he'd been burned. How rude? Diego frowned and made her way to Shane, seeing him get out of his truck. At least Shane was nice and let her hold his hand.

It was then when Diego looked around. There were lots of dead monsters and lots of flies. Shane held her hand tighter as they walked towards some shutters. Quiet mutters of 'careful' we're bounced around, most people complaining about the smell. It did stink bad, but to be fair, Diego has smelled worse. As the group approached the door, Rick began to bang on the shutters.

"Nothing?" Shane asked after letting Diego's hand go, while trying to pry the shutters open with Rick.

"There's nobody here." Carol cried out.

"Then why are these shutters down?" Rick counteracted, breathing heavily.

Daryl looked over his shoulders, arming his crossbow. "Walkers!"

Diego looked to where he was pointing and clutched onto Shanes pant leg in panick. Daryl started to shoot the monsters.

"You lead us to a graveyard!" Somebody yelled, Diego wasn't listening to who it was.

"He made a call." Lori defended, clutching Carl tight.

"It was the wrong damn call." Daryl growled as he shot another walker. Shane broke from Diego, arguing with Daryl and pointing in hos face. Not likening being alone, Diego stumbled over to Lori and Carl, the woman embracing the two children tight.

"Where are we gonna go?" Carol cried, holding Sophia's hand.

"She's right, we can't be this close to the city after dark." Lori panicked, not liking how many walkers were approaching.

"Fort Benning, Rick, it's still an option." Shane called out.

"On what? No food, no fuel, it's a hundred miles in the other direction!" Andrea hissed.

"It's a hundred and twenty five, I checked the map." Glenn added. Not very helpful.

"Forget Fort Benning, we need answers, now." Lori stressed while holding the kids tighter. Diego wanted to go home.

"We'll think of something." Rick stated, as others started to make moves back to the cars. Shane telling Lori to take Carl and Diego. They all paused when Rick called out that the camera moved.

"You imagined it." Dale was quick to shut him down.

"No, I saw it" Rick stated harshly. He knew what he saw.

"Rick come on!" Shane yelled to his friend. They could not afford to stay in the open any longer.

"I know you're in there, I know you can hear me. Please, we're desperate. Please help us! We have women, children, no food, hardly any gas left, we've got nowhere else to go!" Rick pleaded as everyone began to shout.

Lori tried to convince Rick to move, but had no effect. Carl held onto Diego's hand as his mother moved to his dad. Shane then tried to pry Rick away and the kids moved closer to them, afraid they were gonna get into a lot of trouble with the dead.

"If you don't let us in your killing us! Please! You're killing us! You don't understand! You're killing us! You're killing us!"

"Carl, Diego, babies, come here!" Diego whimpered and moved over to Lori at the same time as Carl, the two huddling in close again. Diego mushed her face in Lori's side, trying to make it quiet, it didn't work very well. As Shane was finally able to drag Rick away, they heard a noise.

It was a loud, horrible scraping that got the groups attention.

The doors were open.

•••
I am so BORED

Edited 19/12/2023