Dinner

In too deep- Why Don't We

4:03 P.M.
[Los Angeles, California]
[Krissy]

I pull on some black skinny jeans with rips in the knees and a black long sleeved cropped sweater. I throw on some mascara and lipgloss and get in my car.

I drive about ten minutes and make it to the restaurant we are meeting at.

|
\/

Kris🤤💞: hey im here

Mamas😉💕:hey
we're walking in now🙃

I turn around and see Billie, two men, and two women.

"Kris!" Billie exclaims, rushing in and immediately hugging me. I return the gesture, feeling a fuzzy feeling deep down in my stomach.

She's straight. I remind myself, trying to contain and bury my feelings.

We pull out of the hug and she turns to the other people.

"Guys, this is Krissy. Krissy, this is Finneas, Claudia, and my parents." She says pointing to each of them.

Her mom reaches out her hand to shake mine.

"Hi, Krissy, I'm Maggie. This is my husband Patrick." She states.

"Hey, it's nice to meet you." Claudia smiles at me.

Finneas is the last to shake my hand.

"I'm Finneas. Billie's told me a lot about about you." He smiles.

"Finneas." She hisses.

"All good things I hope?" I say jokingly.

"She mainly raves about your art and how beauti-" He abruptly stops talking and groans. I look at him in confusion until I notice that he's rubbing his shin and Billie is laughing at him. She had kicked him. Claudia and I chuckle at the interaction as a waiter comes up, asking for how many people are in our party. We answer with 6. He nods and leaves us to set our table.

A few minutes later, he comes back, leading us to our table. We sit and order our drinks. I sit next to Billie, next to her is Maggie. On the other side, Finneas is across from me, Claudia next to him, across from Billie, and Patrick next to her, across from Maggie. The waiter sets the menus down and walks away.

Billie almost immediately grabs my wrist under the table, pulling up my sleeve. She quickly counts the cuts on the arm, seeing no more than earlier, moving to the other, finding no more. Her facial expression is one of relief. She smiles softly at me while I pull my sleeves back down.

"It's only been what..." I quickly do the math in my head. "Five hours." I state.

"That's a long time. Something could've triggered you." She says quietly.

I look up at everyone else to see if they heard and only see them all talking and chatting away with each other. I sign in relief and grab her hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

"I'm okay." I let go and look at the menu. Once we order, conversations start up.

"So, Krissy, I hear that you are doing the art for the animated covers for the album." Patrick states.

"Yes, sir." I smile shyly.

"Billie has already told us so much about your art. Apparently you're pretty good." Maggie says.

I blush ferociously and chuckle. "I guess."

"Stop being so modest! You really are good!" Billie exclaims.

I blush more as Billie takes out her phone. She opens the Instagram app and clicks on my account. I hide my face in my hands for a minute trying to contain my blush.

Liked by whydontwemusic and 42,382 othersKrisE_ i heard you sirens call, it was beautiful 🎶View all 28,472 commentswherearetheavocados talent 👏🏻👏🏻whydontwemusic hey that's our song KrisE_ wherearetheavocados thanks ☺️alliesksks_ beautiful😍Kr...

KrisE_ i heard you sirens call, it was beautiful 🎶
View all 28,472 comments
wherearetheavocados talent 👏🏻👏🏻
whydontwemusic hey that's our song
KrisE_ wherearetheavocados thanks ☺️
alliesksks_ beautiful😍
KrisE_ whydontwemusic you know it😉

"Isn't she great?" Billie exclaims.

"That's really good, Krissy!" Claudia praises.

I take my hands off my face and sigh, accepting that I'm not getting out of this.

We talk more and get to know each other more. These people are great. They're so nice.