Kaleb

Xanny-Billie Eilish
(I'm obsessed)

11:23 P.M.
[Los Angeles, California]
[Krissy]

We arrive at my house after a short ride. I learned that she writes music with her brother, who also produces it. She found out that I'm an artist. If you can call it that. I don't make money off of it, but I like to paint and draw. I do sell them but no one ever buys them.

We hop out of the car, still talking about her music. I'm not going to lie, it's cute to see her talking about her passion.

Wait.

She's probably straight. Don't get any ideas, Kris.

"I have an album coming out on the 29th. I'm really excited for it!" She says with a huge grin on her face.

"Dude, no way! That's so cool!" I exclaim, unlocking the door with my key. I swing the door open and let Billie walk in before me. I walk in and lock the door.

"Nice paintings." She comments.

"Thanks." I say, turning around to see her staring at one of the paintings I had made. It's of a girl in a blue and white striped dress. She's holding a bunch of colorful balloons that cover her face. "Yeah, I uh... I painted that one." I said awkwardly.

Her face immediately lit up. "Dude you did that? It looks good!"

I smile shyly, taking my shoes off and leaving them by the door. She does the same as I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. She gives me a confused look as I roll my eyes.

"Krissy, mom and dad went out on a business trip. They'll be gone for a week." Kaleb states, stepping on the last step of the stairs.

"What a surprise." I remark sarcastically.

"Who's this?" He asks with a smirk on his face, eying Billie up and down.

"Kaleb, this is Billie, Billie this is my dick of a brother, Kaleb. Now if you'll stop eye-fucking her, that'd be great." I say, glaring at him.

I grab Billie's hand and start slowly walking out of the room.

"Bitch."

"Man whore."

"Fag."

I stop dead in my tracks. My face becomes red with anger as I let go of Billie's hand and turn around.

"What the fuck did you just call me?"

"You heard me." He remarks. "Oh, and mom and dad don't want you, and you know it. They are ashamed of you!" He yells.

I snap. I slap him right across his cheek. He stands there looking shocked. It's not like I haven't done it before.

"You're a fucking dick, you know that?" I screamed. "I am proud of who I am. If you ever disrespect me and my community again, it won't just be a slap." I turned sharply on my heals and grabbed Billies hand again. "Let's go to my room." I say, leading her up stairs.

"Damn, girl, that was badass." She states as we walk into my room.

"Do it all the time. But if he does that one more time it's just gonna be worse. Don't fuck with me." I say, laughing at the end.

"If he pulls that crap around me I'm 'bouta slap a bitch." She jokes.

She sits on my bed as I turn on my TV and turn on my Netflix. I grab a bag of Takis and throw them at her. She catches them and looks over at my desk, something seemingly catching her eye. I follow her gaze to my sketch book.

"You're really good."

"I know, you said that already." I chuckle.

She chuckles too before we turn on a movie. She opens her Takis and I open my sour patch kids as the opening starts.

•••

"Yo bird box is such a great movie, like, I could watch it 1,000 times and not get bored of it." I say after we finish watching the movie.

"Yeah, it's dope. I've watched it like, 5 ti-"

"Yo, I'm going out tonight. Don't tell mom." Kaleb demands from the doorway.

"No promises." I scoff. I turn to Billie. "Do you want to stay the night? It's getting pretty late. I wouldn't want you to be out at this time." I ask her.

"Yeah, sure. I'll just tell my mom." She says, pulling out her phone.

After a few more minutes of talking, I ask her if she wants anything to eat or drink, her answering with coke.

I walk downstairs and go to the kitchen. I turn the light on and go to the fridge, opening it and grabbing two canned cokes. I turn the light off before making my way upstairs. I switch both cans of coke to one hand so can open the door.

I swiftly walk in and set the cans on my dresser next to the door. Billie's not on the bed where I left her. I look around, only to find her in the corner with Kaleb basically leaning on her.

"Can you like, back up?" Billie mumbles, obviously annoyed.

"What the fuck?"