Searching For You!

The orb reappeared elsewhere but still near the gravitational field of the planet so as the pod was released from inside the orb, it wall pulled in by the gravity and crashed into an empty field on the planet. The pod was destroyed but thankfully, its defense mechanisms threw out the passenger right before the crash. Lance was about to land flat on the ground when his space suit released an inflatable bubble when broke his fall and he was safe on the ground. The little thump on the ground woke him up. He winced a little in pain and groggily opened his eyes. Removing the helmet off his head to breathe, he looked around to examine his surroundings and to examine himself.

What he saw did not please him at all. He was still the same; he was still a woman. His body had not changed except a trip inside that orb had caused him to grow weaker. “Damn it” he cursed while trying to lift himself off the ground. He fell flat on his face as he arm gave out under the pressure. The power levels of his body had decreased significantly. “No! No, no, no!” he yelled. The fall made his head bleed a small streak of blood crossed his face.

“Let’s try ag-again” he groaned out of pain. Using his helmet this time, lance tried to get off the ground but still no luck. This time, his nose got crushed between the helmet and his head.  Poor Lance was in immense pain. He felt horrible at that point. Everyone tried their best to get him back to his regular self but no luck. Even his very own rival tried everything to cheer him up. Maybe that was not his intention; maybe he was only pitying him and that date was his way of mocking Lance. He was just that pathetic, Lance thought; even if the whole world came to his aid, he would still not be able to produce results. He suddenly felt anger towards Keith and his actions. “I hate him. that damned bastard” he yelled and a transparent teardrop escaped his eyes.

He was useless and pathetic. It would be better if the other paladins never found him again. Lance closed his eyes and all these sounds started infiltrating his minds. They were sounds of all his friends and family ever since he was born being disappointed in him and they pitied him. “Sad boy, he tries so hard but so results” one voice spoke. “Maybe its best if we leave him behind” a familiar voice spoke. He could see an image forming in his mind which was of…Allura. She was disappointed in him. “You were never meant to be my rival” the last impact was dealt by the hallucination he had of Keith. He stayed there and wept silently. It would be best, he thought, if no one was ever to find him again. That was when he turned the communication device on the helmet off.

“Don’t you think we should look for him now?” Keith asked Pidge impatiently. “I don’t know, the orb has not appeared anywhere on the radar right now” she informed him. Keith was pacing the area restlessly. Shiro came over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “If it makes you feel better, go ahead and look for him. We all know how worried you are” he smiled a little at him. “Worried? Aren’t you? He is a friend!” Keith explained slightly blushing as Shiro looked at him suggestively.

“Here, catch” Hunk threw a bag at Keith. He caught it though he was a little surprised “Lance will need those clothes. Go and look for your beloved Lance” Hunk said teasingly. Keith took the bag, his blush deepened and he clicked his tongue. Before he had to answer more questions, he ran away to look for Lance. He was worried that something bad might’ve happened. It had been almost a few hours since he had left Lance on the pod.

He left the vicinity and used his jet pack to hover himself and spot Lance with an eagle eye. He looked everywhere but neither was the pod in sight nor Lance. The bag Hunk gave him was still in arms. He looked inside to see if clothes where the only thing Hunk gave. But why did Hunk give him clothes? The space suit was good enough as it would have expanded once Lance body changed. As he rummaged through the clothes, he found a communication device with a recorded message. He flew forward and clicked the device on. “Hey there, loverboy!” Hunk’s message began ad it startled Keith and he almost dropped the device.

“Listen, I know how much you like Lance- I mean you really love him which is great for you- and him” it continued and the black paladin listened “It is my advice and concern for my best friend that provokes me to say this that…please confess your feelings to him. I’m sure he’ll return them…because he has always been in love with you!” Hunks words pierced through Keith’s heart like a sharp Bayard. The paladin couldn’t believe his friend’s words. The way Lance would be following Allura around like a puppy clearly showed how much he liked her by then why Keith. “I know, I know you may find this unbelievable but I want you to confess your feelings to him, right then and there so that you both may find your own happiness. I don’t want my buddy to forcibly believe he likes someone who doesn’t give him the time of the day! Okay bye and I wish you all the luck” the message ended and so did Keith’s search for the pod.

On the ground he hovered above was the destroyed pod; pretty much in tatters. The debris of the pod was pretty much everywhere except the pilot was missing. He landed and examined the pod. “Yo Lance, where are you?” the black paladin yelled in hopes of Lance responding to him. No luck. His throat felt a knot. What if something had happened to Lance? Was the plan a failure? He panicked and began searching all around. He threw apart the remnants of the pod piece by piece in hopes of finding Lance there!

“Quit playing games and get out here!” he screamed, holding back some tears. One part of the debris landed near a little cave causing a few rocks to fall over. He turned around to see what mess he had created. “Are you there, Lance?” the cave gave him hope of finding so he went inside. BINGO!

The red paladin, who was still in his female form, laid there covered in bruises, injuries, and a lot of…blood. “Hey, Lance, what the hell dude” he pushed aside the rocks and sat beside his injured friend. Lance was slightly conscious and as he saw Keith, he turned his head away. He was too mortified to face his rival. “Go away!” lance spoke hoarsely. He voice was low and broken. “What? We need to get you healed up fast-“Keith lifted Lance in his arms but Lance pushed him away.

“Go away! Leave me alone!” he spoke pulled himself away from Keith. “Come on, relax. I know you are tensed but we’ll find another way” he tried to console him again. “IT’S USELESS DON’T YOU SEE!” the red paladin screamed. Tears slipped his female face; Lance was unbelievably broken and hurt. That was when Keith thought it’s rather best to simply not reason with him and just take Lance away.

Keith stood up and scooped Lance up in his arms. He resisted but Keith stood his ground. “Let me go, leave me alone!” he cried. The black paladin had Lance all cuddled up in his arms. “That’s not happening, not today” he whispered. He carefully walked out the cave, into the open ground under the starry skies.