Chapter 17 - Rocky

Start from the beginning

I see Rocky come over and say, "Rocky's girl, what have you been up to?"

The boys basically growl at his claiming me. I did warn them to ignore his mannerisms. He was a huge flirt when we met. Now, he's married though, so he doesn't mean what he says. It is really fun to see North's reaction. It looks like he is about to start a fight.

In a slightly bored tone, I ask, "Where is your wife?"

I can literally feel the boys relaxing. They still feel like they have a claim over me after all this time. I could have remarried by now! They could have too. The boys were lucky I hated when Rocky called me Rocky's girl. It reminded me of the past and the reason I first met Rocky.

Rocky pouts, "Rocky's sister never lets him have any fun."

I give him a look, "Where is your wife?"

He tilts his head playfully, "Why do you want to know?"

I sigh in annoyance, "It's business."

Ignoring my statement, Rocky notices my boys behind me and whispers, "Are those the deadbeat fathers? I can kill them, just give the word."

I turn to look at the Blackbourne Team, "No Rocky. That's not what I am here for. The fathers are here to connect with the kids."

Rocky frowns, "How did they find you?"

One word is my answer, "Volto."

His expression changes drastically, "Come with me to the back. Chloe is there. She will be excited to see you again."

I smile softly, "I wish I could have come back in less dire times."

Rocky starts leading us to the private section, "I know, I know. You are a busy girl. How is Mel doing?"

I cringe, "Not good."

He stops walking, "What do you mean? I'll kill the son of a bitch who tried to lay a hand on my princess. What about her brothers? They should have protected her!"

I continue walking, "I want to explain everything once in front of Chloe."

Rocky grumbles, "Of course, my wife is more important than I am."

I roll my eyes, "You know what I meant."

Chloe pops out of a room, "It's you! Where is the Phantom bunch?"

Everyone in the criminal underworld refers to my children and I as the Phantom Bunch, not a lot of people actually know who we are, but our name is known. They gave us the nickname because technically we didn't exist and I am pretty sure the person who started it was obsessed with "The Phantom of the Opera".

I push past her into the room, "I'll tell you the entire story."

Everyone entered the room. On one side, Chloe and Rocky were glaring at my boys who glared right back. They are used to fighting against thugs like Rocky, not with. Well, they'll have to suck it up for their children.

Chloe says scathingly, "Who are these men? If they are who I think they are, I can kill them for you if you want."

Gabriel groans, "What is with everyone wanting to kill us?"

I give him a warning look, "I warned you. And no Chloe, don't kill them."

Chloe pouts exactly like her husband did minutes earlier, "Aww..."

I sit down and pour myself another shot of vodka, "So, where to start?"

Owen prompts, "How about your kidnapping in Russia?"

I down my drink, "Well, that's as good a place to start as any. So, Volto made a reappearance. He got to me in Russia and the plan was to send my kids to their fathers. They made it there. Volto actually brought me to South Carolina, not even an hour drive away from them. Surprisingly, I escaped easily. I made it to their house only to discover that my babies had been kidnapped by who else than Volto. Something Volto said reminded me of Chicago, so here we are."

Rocky shakes his head, "Only you, only you."

Chloe offers, "What do you need us to do?"

I walk over to them, "I need a way to canvas the city quickly."

Rocky cringes, "That's a difficult task. With enough money, everyone is buyable in this town. We could ask Ace?"

I grin, "I was hoping you would say that. I haven't been to this new base since forever."

Chloe has a matching grin on her face, "My brother didn't tell you most likely because in his last one you accidentally set it on fire."

I shrug, "I needed a quick escape with my kids."

She grins even more, "I'll bring you to him."

Nathan interrupts, "Ace, the head of the Chicago mafia, is Chloe's brother."

Chloe corrects him, "We aren't related, but I am considered his sister. Like Mel is considered his daughter."

The boys all turn to me, "What do you mean his daughter?"

I roll my eyes again, "Ace is not married and I am pretty sure he is gay. Until he either gets someone pregnant or adopts another child, my kids are his heirs."

North spits out the alcohol he was drinking, "What?"

Owen raises one of his eyebrows, "Really?"

I smile once more, "Yep."

Chloe intervenes, "We need to get going if you want to see Ace. I can't wait to see what dramatic entrance you have planned!"

Dakota asks, "Dramatic entrance?"

She grins even more, "Yeah, she always pulls out something really cool. Last time, she drove a car into one of his walls."

Gabriel bursts out laughing, "Trouble, you are living up to your nickname."

I blush, "Shut up! Let's go Chloe."

Rocky gives Chloe a kiss, "Bring the bodyguards with you. Tell Ace I said hi and come home by morning!"

She gives him a cheeky grin, "Of course."

As Chloe heads out and I turn to follow, Rocky calls out, "Bye, Rocky's sister! I expect you to stay alive! The kids want to see their favorite aunt!"

I yell back, "Tell them I brought them grenades."

"You better be joking!" is the last thing I hear from Rocky.

The boys, Chloe and I go into two of her trucks. It was time to see Ace again.

I can't wait!