"Say yes to what?"

Blake sauntered into the kitchen, the house phone dangling at the ends of his fingertips as his eyes snapped around the room. I cleared my throat, eyeing my friends wide-eyed as if silently asking them to save me. Sam's mouth fell agape, Midge's lips were pursed in a thin line and Peter was downing a glass of champagne, his brows raised high.

I chuckled nervously, "anyways! Champagne huh!"

~~~

"Congratulations, Leila, your father and I always knew you could do it, it's in your blood, after all, to succeed in everything you do," Patricia exclaimed as she broke free from my grasp. "Yeah sis if they didn't hire you somehow I would have gone to LA and burnt the building to the ground," Brandon rose his head upwards and smiled.

I leaned down and ran my hands through his hair, ruffling it into a mess. He swatted my hand away and scowled, "don't touch the hair woman, I can't afford for the ladies to see it in a mess tonight. I mean just look at all the babe-"

"Brandon!" Patricia seethed.

"What!"

"I love this kid." Riley chuckled from beside Blake. I lowered myself down beside him, "yeah that's Brandon for you." Blake also invited his best friends Riley and Michael who I've grown to become good friends with as well. The first time I met them they freaked out for some reason. Riley proceeded to bow down and kiss my palm, not letting go until Michael and Blake had to pry him off of me.

Michael wasn't any better because he went in for a hug. And I don't mean a five-second hug and then break apart. I mean a bear hug where he refused to let me breathe to the point where Blake and now Riley were the ones who had to pry him off me. They're sweethearts, respectful, incredibly intelligent like Blake, loving. I don't regret having them as a part of my life and journey.

"Yeah well, he better watch that mouth of his before I confiscate his phone." Patricia scolded. My father placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze as an amused chuckle parted his lips. "He's a kid who's going through puberty and a spike in hormones, take it easy on him because it gets worse before it gets better."

My dad treated Brandon as if he were his own son and would spoil him beyond words could explain. Patricia would scold him but he didn't care, I didn't blame him. No one did, we all knew he was trying to fill in the void of his dead son. . .of my brother and it always made my dad happy to see Brandon smile. So if he was happy we all were.

"Are we celebrating or what? Waiter! Hey, waiter come here!" Michael shouted, his hands flailing over his head. We all stared at him incredulously and Sam leaned into him and slapped a hand over his mouth, her eyes wide. "Sorry, babe." His voice was muffled beneath her tight grip. She narrowed her eyes to slits before releasing her grip.

After I confronted Drake about cheating on Sam, he broke it off with her. Though I was in a coma during that period, she reassured me that it never did take a toll on her as I expected it would. This was then revealed to be a lie by Midge who said her breakup along with me being hospitalized was one of the most devasting periods in Sam's life.

But with a combination of Netflix, the five stages of grief and ice- cream and obviously me waking up, she got over it. When Sam and Michael announced to us that they were dating we were the least surprised. One night Blake had a small get together for his twenty-third birthday and Michael and Sam hit it off immediately.

They began dating three weeks later and have been together ever since. I'm happy for her, Micahel is an amazing guy.

The night went by quickly. We all enjoyed our meal, toasts, the whole gits of it. I can't lie and say for half of it I wasn't distracted. After today I'll be packing up for LA and Blake might or might not come with me. Am I ready for this? Am I suited for a long-distance relationship? I think not.