Mr Kingston's Roommate|05

Edited

Leila's POV
Blake

Do you know what my problem is? The problem that subsequently became my biggest flaw? It's confronting people and letting them know that whatever it is they've condemned me to makes me uncomfortable. 

So as I strode into my English lecture, the heaviness that's been on my chest ever since the night at the bonfire deepened. With each passing second, it would gradually get worse. "Good morning, class. I hope you've all prepared for my test." Professor Kingston exclaimed as he stalked up to the front row of chairs with a stack of booklets in hand.

"Pass it down." I heard him mutter under his breath until he arrived at my row. "Pass it down, Miss Hart. Oh and because you arrived late today — most likely because of your late night out again even though you knew how seriously I take these tests — I left a little surprise for you on the back of your paper. Have fun, brat." He taunted quietly before disappearing up the stairs.

Ever since my moving into Kingston's room, word got out. It couldn't have been kept a secret anyway, but it didn't blow out of proportion as gravely as I expected it to. Most people understand that he is of a young age — although I still haven't bothered to look that up — so it was not as problematic as opposed to a grown ass man being my roommate.

Apparently, he's a child prodigy and is one of the youngest professors in the world. It was said that he got offers to teach at Harvard, Yale and Brown, amongst a heap of other Ivy League Colleges and yet still he chose Cambridge School Of Art.

 Why? Beats me.

I did receive a lot of weird glances, whispers, finger-pointing and baseless speculations. But once most people found out the full force of my situation, the rumours slowly dwindled. I'm not the only one affected by the systems malfunction but apparently, according to other students I'm lucky enough to share a room with the, and I quote, "hot Scottish professor."

If only they knew how much of a jackass he is.

~~~

Once the hands of my clock struck 1 pm and Professor Kingston announced that time was up, my face had already been planted against the booklet as a sigh of exasperation fluttered past my lips. "Okay everyone, pass down your booklets to the last row and you may leave." Everyone did so one by one and I was left with a stack of test papers on my desk.

 I watched in astonishment as everyone toppled out of the class, including Sam who I still haven't spoken to about last week's incident. I've mostly been avoiding them but I know that I can't run away for too long. Even so, Sam seems oblivious to my obvious attempts at swerving away from her advancements. 

So it didn't surprise me when she stood at the entrance of the classroom waving in my direction, "come to my dorm room after your last class today. Dress nice, I have something planned for us." Before I could decline her invitation, she disappeared from my sight, leaving me in the palms of my worst nightmare.

"Mr. Kingston."

"It's Professor Kingston," he replied nonchalantly as he gathered the rest of the booklets. I rolled my eyes and strutted down the stairs toward the podium where he stood. It was a simple mistake but since he wants to be an ass about everything I'll refer to him as Mr from now on. 

"Mr. Kingston, why are you so childish? Aren't you supposed to be one of the smartest and most influential people in the world? I guess you can have the brains but not the maturity."

He chuckled humorlessly, "may I be enlightened as to why I'm being insulted to this degree? how dare you question my level of maturity? Shouldn't I be respected just as much as your other professors are? I may be young but I'm still older than you."