Mr Kingston's Roommate|22

Blake's POV
I don't mind

I knew I had responsibilities as a professor, but most times I got so overwhelmed, work was the last thing on my mind. I'm still young, I still have a long life ahead of me, the last thing I need is to be growing grey hair at the tender age of 21.

So, today, after class I decided to put assignments aside and return to them at a time where my mind was clearer than now. I wanted to go out, clear my thoughts, but Riley and Michael were currently at work. I didn't have many friends in America and truthfully I didn't mind, I liked to keep my circle small, only people I trusted the most.

I had lots of friends back in Scotland but I had an opportunity to leave after I applied for a teaching job here. I didn't want to stay, not with all the awful memories that accompanied it. I needed an escape so I moved here and it's one of the best decisions I've made in a long time.

I may not want this job for the rest of my life, but it's better than nothing. . .for now.

A sharp knock at the door sliced through my train of thought. Frowning deeply, I snapped my head towards the door. Who could possibly be knocking on my door? Please, Lord if it's Peter happiness is the last thing lingering inside of me.

"Blake!?"

I sat upright, now alert. I must be imagining things, there's no way in hell she's outside of my room. No one calls me Blake in this school other than Leila, no one even know's my real name unless Leila told them. I'm only known as Mr and or Professor Kingston, the way I prefer it.

Maybe I'm dreaming? Maybe I dozed off while still trapped in my thoughts and I'm in a nightmare. 

"Blake it's Erika can you open up, I know you're in there!"

I froze, the sound of her voice sent a chill down my spine and I cringed at the memories that accompanied it. There's no way she's outside my room. She doesn't even know I moved here, hell, only my parents know of my job here, so the only way she knows where I live-specifically- is my mom.

I remained frozen in my spot, not knowing exactly what to do. I didn't think I'd have to face her so soon after what happened. What the hell is she even doing here, to begin with? How much audacity does this woman have to show up at my school, banging on the door, demanding that I open it for her?

Does she have any sense of shame? 

"Blake, please open up. I know this is your room!" Who the hell even gave her my room number? That's confidential information, she could be a murderer for all they knew and someone guided her here of all places? Well, why am I surprised, they did put a professor and a student in one dorm room, crazy doesn't begin to describe the faculty in this school.

"Blake, you know I wouldn't come all the way here if I didn't have a valuable reason, please open the door." 

Finally, I willed myself to roll off the bed after the momentary shocked state my body had fallen into. Without making much sound, I sauntered towards the door and looked through the peephole. Even though her body appeared distorted, I could still point out her features. 

Nothing much changed about her, other than her hair which was once cherry blonde, but now light golden streaks of hair cascaded down her shoulders. A red strapless top hugged her upper body tightly, per usual- her cleavage on full display. 

I wondered if she could even breathe, not that I cared, the top could squeeze the air out of her and I'd just walk away.

My heart and my mind fought with another, one willing me to open the door, the other tugging me away from it, pleading to me to not do it. But I didn't listen to the part of me that was sensible, I listened to the stubborn part which always seemed to get me in troubling situations and I opened the door.