Chapter 25: Going Home

Luigi was relieved that he wasn't blind when the light faded. The sight was incredible. His friends were standing there, waiting for him.
"Luigi!" everyone yelled, basically giving him a giant group hug, before flinging him up in the air.
"Well, that was fun. But I think it's time to go. There's no rest for the best," Falco said.
"Hey, Bro, you still got the Star Rod?" Luigi asked Mario.
"Sure do."
"Well, I haven't made my wish yet. Do I get a shot?"
"Why not? You saved all of our bacon. Here you go!" Mario handed the Star Rod to Luigi. He held the Star Rod up in the air.
"Star Rod! My wish is to send us all home one by one. When all of us are home in our respected homes, may you return to your safe spot at Star Haven," Luigi said. Eventually, a portal appeared behind Mega Man.
"I guess it's time for me to go. It was fun working with you guys!" Mega Man said. Everyone waved as Mega Man walked through the portal. A portal next appeared behind Pit.
"Well, I'm glad I was able to help you save the world!" Pit said.
"Thanks for your help Pit! Tell Lady Palutena we said thanks!" Mario said as Pit went through the portal. Ryu was next.
"Your enemies have proved to be worthy opponents. I am able to go back to my world stronger. Thank you, and farewell," Ryu said walking through the portal. The next portal was for Samus.
"I must go. Ridley is no doubt back causing terror as we speak," Samus said.
"Well, we'll be cheering for you! Good luck!" Fox said as Samus walked through. Ike and Marth were the next to leave
"Well, I want to thank you for helping us to restore the kingdom of Altea. Thank you. We will honor you all back in Altea," Marth said.
"Goodbye, Prince Marth," Zelda said as Marth walked through. Yoshi's portal showed. He spoke in his language, but Mario translated.
"He said 'thank you for getting our tree back!'" Mario translated.
"You're welcome, Yoshi! Thanks for dragging me around everywhere!" Ash said. Yoshi nodded then headed into the portal. Kirby's portal eventually showed up. He danced around.
"Byeee!" Kirby said, dashing through the portal. Falcon was next to go.
"Well, you were all a lot of fun to work with. I gotta get ready for the next F-Zero Grand Prix! If you get the chance, come on down and see me!" Falcon said running into the portal: DK and Diddy's portal came next.
"Goodbye, DK and Diddy! You're invited to the next party!" Mario said, as the two primates headed through the portal. The portal appeared behind Ash, Pikachu, and Lucario.
"What... time to go already? I don't want to go yet!" Ash protested.
"While I am disappointed we weren't together longer, I thank you for your teamwork," Lucario went through the portal.
"Well, okay. Thanks for getting Pikachu back!" Ash said.
"You're welcome Ash! We'll use the device to visit!" promised Mario as Ash disappeared. The portal appeared next behind Sonic and Shadow.
"Man time is too short sometimes. I guess it's time to go. Got anything to say, Shadow?" Sonic asked, prepared to leave the portal.
"Well, all I must say is thank you for making my job of protecting the Chaos Emeralds easy. This adventure... it was surprisingly... fun," Shadow said, the verge of a smile coming on. The two turned and dashed through the portal. The portal showed up behind Fox and Falco.
"Already? Man, I thought we were just getting to the fun stuff!" Falco grumbled, but not in the tired, frustrated, way it had been before. It had been more like a joke.
"Well, we can't let Andross take over the Lylat System," Fox said.
"Well, we'll be rooting for you. We'll visit. Maybe teach Luigi how to land an arwing," Mario laughed.
"Stuff like that will make me stay home," Luigi snapped.
"Well, see you. Fox and Falco, out," Fox answered, as he and Falco headed through the portal. The portal finally appeared behind Link and Zelda.
"Well, I'm honestly sad it's over," Zelda said. Even Link seemed a bit disappointed that it was time to go.
"Don't worry, we'll visit as much as possible, I promise," Luigi said, with a thumbs up.
"Thank you, Mario Bros. You were the cause of this, and you brought to our attention, and we were all able to do it together. Let's go home, Link," Zelda finished. She and Link headed inside the portal. However, before it closed, Zelda appeared again. She leaned towards Luigi.
"Thank you, especially, Luigi, for raising my spirits. Here's a final goodbye for now," Zelda whispered, then giving Luigi a quick kiss on the nose, before hurrying into the portal. Finally, the portal opened behind the Mario Bros.
"You ready, Bro?" Mario asked. He then noticed that Luigi hadn't been listening. He just stood still, his face beet red.
"Um... Luigi?"
"Oh! Um, sorry bout that, Mario."
"You ready?"
"Totally! Let's go home," Luigi said. The two looked at the portal, nodded at one another, then stepped in the portal, headed for home.