Chapter 7: Shadow

Mario, Luigi, Fox, Falco, Zelda, and Sonic all looked up in the to a tree where they had heard the voice. Up stood a dark hedgehog, striking a resemblance to Sonic. And in his hands... or floating around him... were the seven Chaos Emeralds!
"Shadow. Look, I don't have time for this. I need to get my friend back," Sonic snapped.
"You're welcome. I made sure whoever kidnapped those animals and Tails, didn't get their hands on these. I grabbed them just when the flash hit," the dark hedgehog called Shadow said.
"Wait, how did that's bright light not hurt your eyes?" asked Fox.
"Hmph. Pathetic creature. I'm the Ultimate Life Form. I'm immune to most things," Shadow sneered. Fox pulled out his blaster.
"Is he serious?" Mario asked Sonic, with an eyebrow raised.
"Sadly, yes. He really is the 'Ultimate Life Form.'" Sonic sighed.
"Well, he certainly has the ego to fill it," commented Falco.
"Well, what do you want?" Luigi asked, hoping if all possible to avoid a fight.
"Well, as long as I am the keeper of these Emeralds, I will join you. I will prove to be a formidable ally," Shadow said. He jumped from the tree and landed on the ground in front of them.
"Well, we may not have a choice," Sonic sighed.
"Hmmm... according to the previous events of this day, there should be a... Aha! There's the next warp hole!" Mario called.
"Ok, time to rock and roll!" Fox called," Sorry, Sonic... and Shadow. I don't have two extra arwings."
"It is fine. Sonic, you can fly that aircraft of Tails. I will ride with you."
"The Tornado 2! Excellent!"
"Let's-a-go, it's only a matter of time before that thing closes," Mario spoke up. Again, with new friends, the growing group of heroes flew into the warp, just as it was starting to shrink.