Chapter 4: Surprises

Mario was careful about landing. He floated softly, until Link let go of the hookshot, and he and Zelda landed safely, allowing him to follow. Luigi, however,  came out of the portal too fast and face planted.
    "Not again," Luigi groaned, pulling his face out of the ground.
    "Huh, we're in a new place again. This definitely looks nothing like the Mushroom Kingdom," Mario said, ignoring his brother.
    "Yes, it looks quite different from Hyrule," Zelda responded. Suddenly, Link made some sort of shouting noise.
    "What is it, Link?" Zelda asked. Link pointed to see two kind of small ships in the sky, which were starting to open fire, towards them.
    "AH! INCOMING!" screamed Luigi. He barely had time to get to his feet and follow Mario, Link, and Zelda who were already on the move. Link had his shield blocking himself and Zelda to the best of the shield's ability. Meanwhile, Mario and Luigi used there capes.
    "Quick, let's hide in there!" Mario cried, making a dive for some nearby bushes. Link and Zelda, followed. A few seconds later, Luigi out of breath, quickly long jumped into the bushes with them. The two pilots seemed to lose track. The two pilots were Fox Mccloud and Falco Lombardi of Star Fox. Fox, the leader, had brought back the team, from his father, James Mccloud, who had died on a dangerous mission, thanks to Pigma Dengar, who turned out to be a traitor. Fox brought his father's team out of retirement, while hiring new members, such as his grade school friend, and tech wiz Slippy, followed by Falco, who was a hot shot, but an amazing pilot.
    "Well, looks like we lost 'em, Fox," said Falco.
    "That's fine. I'll find them. You go back to the Great Fox. I'll try to find them on foot," Fox ordered.
    "Roger that! Falco, out!" replied Falco, turning his ship, known as an Arwing, around.
    "Alright, let's move out!" Fox said to himself. He opened the door of his arwing, then exited the cockpit. The arwing was now on auto pilot,headed back to the Great Fox, behind Falco. Fox landed on the ground. From what he'd seen, there were about 3 or four. He saw two or three of them take off after Fox said to fire some warnings(Falco obviously didn't listen), while one, who was sitting down, delayed before going. If there were more than one of them, he knew that he may need backup.
    "Falco, come in-"
    "Sorry Fox, right behind ya," was the reply. Before he knew it, Falco was right next to him.
    "Well, then."
    "I figured you'd need backup, so I turned around."
    "Well, be careful."
    "Alright."
    Meanwhile, the bushes our heroes fell in weren't exactly the comfiest. Luigi had gotten a few holes in his cape, so it had disappeared.
    "Okay, I think the coast is clear. Good thing, I can get Luigi's elbow out of my ear," Mario said. Our heroes one by one hopped out. Link immediately took his shield and handed it to Zelda.
    "No, it's fine. You keep your shield Link," Zelda said. Link growled, only pulling the shield back a little bit.
    "Link, it's fine. You know I'm capable of taking care of myself," Zelda calmly replied. Link,obviously not happy, put his shield away.
    "OK, let's move. Stay frosty," Mario announced. They started moving back towards where they'd entered the new place before the attack. They could hear the hustle and bustle of the city outside of this unusually big clearing. It obviously wasn't the Mushroom Kingdom, and it wasn't Hyrule. Suddenly, Link dashed ahead.
    "Huh?... Hey, Link, wait up!" Mario called, giving chase. Fox and Falco had heard the shout and were prepared, having their blasters ready. They were soon surprised when an elf boy in tights were right above them, with a rather sharp looking sword. They two were able to get out of the way. The boy soon was joined by a man with a big nose, as well as a flamboyant mustache. The four got into a sparring battle. Luigi and Zelda got there just in time to see the battle. It was then that the light appeared.
"GAH!" came the cry from Fox, Falco, Mario, and Luigi. Link attempted to cover his eyes with his shield, but to no avail. Whoever it was had struck again.