Chapter 24: Final Destination

The light faded. Luigi opened his eyes. He saw himself on a platform. He saw that while this was a decently sized platform, there were no barriers, so if Luigi fell, he was done for. Luigi then heard the familiar laugh of Master Hand. He saw the evil hand come down from the sky.
"What have you done?" Luigi demanded. He heard the trembling in his voice.
"As I said, it's just me and the Smash Ball. You may have foiled my plans, but with that Smash Ball, I might as well have the world at my fingertips!" Master Hand laughed.
"I-I... I will stop you!" Luigi said, his bravery was getting smaller and smaller as the time went on.
"What are you going to do about it, 'Mr. My Friends are My Power?' You're all alone!" Master Hand seethed. Luigi looked between the edge of the platform and Master Hand. Fight, or not? He wasn't sure.
"You can do it Luigi!" a voice said suddenly.
"Huh? Mario? Where are you?" Luigi asked.
"You can't see us, but we can see you! Well, kind of... But none of that matters! Don't be afraid. We'll be here to encourage you!" Mario's voice said.
"You've got this, Luigi!"
"Don't be afraid!"
"You've got this, Luigi! Piece of cake!"
"You've been strong before! Don't stop now!"
"You can win!"
"I believe in you, Luigi!" Zelda's voice rang in Luigi's head. It was a huge encouragement. It felt like she had remembered all the times he'd encouraged her, and it felt like she was paying him back. Courage started to come back to Luigi. He received strength. He turned to face Master Hand.
"You're right, my friends aren't with me. But they're still there. They're in my soul. And I'm putting you away for good!" Luigi shouted.
"You talk a big game, little man! Let's see what you got!" Master Hand laughed. The battle began! Luigi released a flurry of chops, punches, kicks, and, different attacks with his head. Master Hand was a powerful opponent. He had multiple attacks, like flying punches, flying slaps, and shot bullets from his fingers, like he was a kid playing cowboys. Suddenly, Master Hand reached over to crush Luigi. He grabbed him in his hand and began to crush him. Or he attempted to. It turned out, Luigi air dodged the attack, and he waited until Master Hand saw him unscathed.
"What? No, it can't be!" Master Hand stuttered.
"Believe it, Master Hand! THUNDER!" Luigi yelled, shooting a large lightning bolt, which hit Master Hand hard.

"GAH!" Master Hand screamed in pain. He was weak.
"It's super effective! Finish it!" Luigi heard Ash's voice in his head.
"I got you, Ash," Luigi grinned. Master Hand was trying to regain his strength, but to no avail.
"I... can... still... fight," Master Hand breathed. He was getting weaker and weaker.
"It's over, Master Hand! Smash Ball! I don't care one way or another, seal Master Hand in the same place as his brother!" Luigi chanted. It was then that another purple hole, similar to the ones they'd travelled through countless times on this adventure. Except this one began to suck Master Hand in with an ultra powerful vortex!
"NO, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I WILL GET YOU, LUIGI! YOUR HEAD IS MINE!" screamed Master Hand, as he was sucked into the portal.
"Not anytime soon you won't," Luigi said as the portal closed. The Smash Ball came out of Luigi.
"It is finished, brave soul. You have reached and achieved your goal. Now I shall send you back to your friends. But be careful, the need to fight must never end. Farewell!" the Smash Ball said. Within that instant, the bright light came on again.
"Please don't let me be blind!" Luigi cried as he covered his eyes.