Chapter 22: Red, Blue, and Yellow

As our heroes came to a stop, they wasted no time hopping out and scrambled. However, after everyone searched Toad Town, no one had found anything.
"What now? At this rate, we're dead meat!" Luigi said.
"Well, if it's not in Toad Town, it may be at Peach's Castle. Let's-a-go!" Mario ordered. Mario and Luigi led the way towards Peach's Castle, they were suddenly stopped. A giant yellow monster appeared.
"Man, we don't have any stupid time,for this!" yelled Falco. The monster roared, shooting fireballs out of it's single eye. Mario wasn't sure what to do. The monster seemed to be getting angrier and angrier. It began charging up a single shot,one that may have wiped everyone. It was until a large shot at the monster that stopped the charge d shot. Mario looked to see the shot came from a boy in a blue suit.
"Good thing I came in time! That thing might have fried you!" the boy said.
"Um, who are you,and by any chance do you know that thing?" Mario asked desperately.
"I'm Mega Man. That thing is the Yellow Devil. He's the creation of Dr. Wily," the boy explained.
"Another whacked out doctor? The world has too many of those," Sonic groaned.
"Anyway, keep attacking it! After enough hits, it should be finished!" Mega Man explained. The battle continued(If you could've called it a battle at the beginning). Everyone did their best to attack the yellow devil. This was a bit of a challenge, because according to Mega Man, the Yellow Devil's head was it's weakness. And it took jumping to reach its head. Most of our heroes weren't very good with midair attacks, or their attacks were too slow. Finally, the Yellow Devil started to charge up, but in a weird way.
"Everyone get back! It's going to explode!" Mega Man ordered. Everyone, not risking to turn into a statue or anything took cover. The Yellow Devil exploded. He wouldn't be able to mess with our heroes anymore. However, it wasn't the Yellow Devil that surprised people. It was what appeared to be the power source. A Blue and purplish ball(with other different colors) and an odd shaped t!
"It's the Smash Ball!" Mario cried.
"I am free. These be the heroes that have rescued me? Fighters, Swordsman, Magicians, all. You have fought the odds that appeared too small," the Smash Ball spoke, much to our heroes' surprise.
"Um, Thank you?" Mario said, not sure if this was a right or wrong answer.
"Now, the only way to defeat your foe, is to take me with you as you go. Now I must choose one of you. It is so I can help defeat your opponent too," the Smash Ball floated back and forth between all our heroes. Mario, Luigi, Link, Zelda, Fox, Falco, Sonic, Shadow, Ash, Lucario, DK, Diddy, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Yoshi, Marth, Ike, Samus, Ryu, Pit, and Mega Man. Finally, it stopped then went towards Luigi. It disappeared.
"One who takes a role that goes out of his wits. This is the person whose soul I will fit," the Smash Ball said, now basically gone.
"What? Me?" Luigi started to basically rant, but Mario stopped him.
"Bro, if this is what we're actually looking for, then I'm sure it had a good reason," Mario said, putting his hand on Luigi's shoulder.
"So if we need to fight Hand Solo, you're our man. Don't worry, I think you can do it," Fox chipped in.
"Yeah, you go Luigi!"
"YES! You can do it!"
"But, why me?" Luigi started again.
"When Mario was kidnapped by Mewtwo, you basically stepped in as the leader. You made the strategy that helped defeat that fake Link back in the Pokemon world," Zelda said. Luigi realized she was right. He wasn't about to shoot off and be a big shot, like Mario had the tendency to do sometimes.
"You know what? You're right. If the Smash Ball has chosen me, then I will fulfill my duties to make sure all these worlds are saved!" Luigi declared. The group gave a small round of applause, except for obviously, Shadow.
"The first order of business, though, are these bombs. Does anyone know how to get rid of them? I'm not sure that you can just shut them off," Luigi said. It was then Sonic had an idea.
"Mario, you still have that Star Rod, right?" Sonic asked.
"Yeah."
"Let me see it."
"Okay..."
"You know how the Star Rod grants one wish to whoever has it?"
"Wait... Yeah, You're right!"
"Well then, problem solved," Sonic said. He held up the Star Rod.
"Star Rod! My wish is to destroy all these bombs, as well as to restore all the worlds that have been consumed by their darkness!" Sonic yelled. About fifteen seconds later, all the bombs self destructed, causing no harm. It was then that Ryu and Marth's worlds were restored. The giant black holes disappeared.