Chapter 21: Divine Intervention

Our heroes finally opened their eyes, they took a look around. They were still alive. After hopping out of Falcon's ship, they realized they were alive. Where they were, though, was a mystery.
"Nice driving, Cap!" Mario yelled, patting the bounty hunter on the back.
"Thanks. But I didn't do that," Falcon admitted.
"It was possibly that bright light," Shadow said.
"Your friend is correct. I warped you here," a voice said. Luigi realized it was the voice of a woman. But it wasn't Zelda. He knew as powerful her magic was, she couldn't have warped like that.
"Who said that?" Luigi finally asked.
"I did," the voice spoke again. Everyone turned to see a green haired woman, with a staff in hand. Next to her was what appeared to be a young boy, bit he had wings... and was that a halo?
"Great. We're dead, aren't we?" Sonic groaned.
"It's okay. You're not dead. You're in Sky World," the lady said.
"Okay, the angel, the clouds... quit fooling us lady," Falco replied, frustrated.
"Hey, have respect! She's a goddess after all," the angel snapped suddenly.
"Goddess?" Mario blurted.
"Yes. I am Lady Palutena. And this is Pit, the leader of my army," Palutena answered.
"So... we're in heaven, basically, but we're not dead?" Sonic asked.
"A rough translation, but yes," Shadow spoke up.
"Yes. Now please, follow me, and I'll tell you what is happening to your homes," Palutena escorted our heroes to a small room. A small TV like object, on a cylinder like object.
"I can see everything from right here. What has happened to Prince Marth and Ryu's worlds are one and the same."
"Can you explain who's behind this, though?"
"This is the work of the evil Master Hand. He wants to destroy all these worlds. However, he wanted to rescue his brother Crazy Hand, who is trapped into an alternate dimension of nothingness. His only way is to collect different 'artifacts' from different worlds. The golden bananas from DK Island, the Crystal Stars from the Mushroom Kingdom, the Triforce from the Hyrule Kingdom, and many others. However, the main source, however, is the mysterious Smash Ball," Palutena explained. Using a cloud, she formed a ball with an odd shaped t.
"I've seen that before! I saw that when I rescued Mario, Sonic, Falco, and Link!" Luigi cried out.
"However, many of his troops have been unable to find it. Master Hand decided he would destroy all worlds without his brother. He set the same bombs as he did in Marth and Ryu's worlds. All for twenty-four hours."
"But why did the one in Ryu's only go for three minutes?" Mario questioned.
"Let's remember that message we sent to Hand Solo over back at Star Haven. I think that was his own message. He got that message loud and clear," Shadow explained.
"You're right," Mario said.
"Anyway, these bombs were set about seven and a half hours ago. That means you have 16 and a half hours left. The best choice you have possible is to find that Smash Ball," Palutena told the group.
"Well we can't just stand around here doing! We gotta find that thing!" Mario said, a new seriousness coming in him.
"Here, take this. This device can warp you to any place you desire," Palutena handed the device to Mario.
"Thank you, now let's-a-go!" Mario said, ready to take off.
"Wait! Let me go with you," Pit said.
"Pit, are you sure?" Palutena asked.
"Yes, I'm sure, Lady Palutena. If the world us in danger, I want to be there to help!" Pit said boldly.
"Well, time's short. Let's rock and roll!" Fox yelled. Our heroes bolted out the room. They approached Falcon's ship.
"Where should we head first?" Pit asked Mario.
"Well, this whole thing started in the Mushroom Kingdom. Let's try to start there," Mario replied. Mario messed around with the device. The device had a left and right button. Mario punched the right button until he found the Mushroom Kingdom. He pushed the button. It revealed a white portal, similar to the dark ones they'd been travelling through.
"Well, let's-a-go!" Mario said. Our heroes hopped into Falcon's ship, then headed to the portal.