Chapter 62 • Part One

Start from the beginning

These pages tell a story that I've spent nights regretting, and early mornings trying to forget. Which ever it was that I chose that day, regretting or forgetting, this journal still stood, with it's pages covered in my raw emotion, it was still there as witness to everything I had gone through to get here.

It wasn't just a coincidence that I had reached the very last page in a journal I'd been writing in since I was seventeen the day I planned on proposing. I chose today for that very reason. This journal that holds my darkest of nights, this journal I've depended on for so long to help me sort out my feelings, would end but it be okay because I already found the light I needed. Anissa.

Anissa's POV

I finish wrapping the very last of my families gifts, placing the roll of scotch tape down onto the made bed. I stand up from the floor I've spent half an hour sitting on, my legs feeling numb now.

Walking over to the window, I push open the curtain slightly to get a better look at the sun set. The warm colors doing nothing to make me feel better like they usually do.

"Anissa, what are you still doing up here?" Harry asks, standing in the doorway of our bedroom. I turn my head away from the beautiful sunset to look at the boy who's become a mystery to me,"We're all waiting for you."

"I'll be down in a minute," I tell him. I can't seem to break my eyes away from his calm, happy face. He's wearing a loose button down shirt with the upper half open, his hair brushed back, looking shorter then I remember it two days ago. I feel like everything else is moving at full speed and yet here I am still trying to comprehend the mess I have in my head.

"You sure you feel better?" Harry asks with a concerned look on his face, taking a step toward me.

"No, but I'm sure I will soon," I sigh.

"I've really missed you."

"I haven't gone anywhere," I tell him even though I know what he means.

"Well it feels like you have," He says looking down,"We're always together so these past two days have been...incomplete without you."

"Really?" I ask my heart swelling despite the hurt and angry I feel because of him.

"Of course," Harry smiles,"Nees, I love you and I love spending time with. If there was something I could do to guarantee that Id get to spend everyday with you, I'd do it."

I hold back a breath as my eyes widen, praying this isn't the moment that Harry decides to propose.

I feel relief when the door bell rings, because it completely throws Harry off guard.

"Did you invite someone?" Harry asks furrowing his brows.

"Yea I did," I tell him, slipping on my black pumps,"I invited Zayn."

The look on his face alone is enough to make me want to shake him until he confesses to his lie but I promised myself I'd bite my tongue until after dinner was over.

"Why would you invite Zayn? You know we don't get along," Harry says looking angrier then I thought he would.

"Because he told me he didn't have plans for today so I asked if he wanted to join us," I shrug, fixing my waved hair so that it goes over my shoulder.

"You should have asked me if it was okay."

Why?" I ask fighting back the anger threatening to burst out of any second,"Oh that's right, I forgot you've been avoiding Zayn."

"Huh? No I haven't," Harry says making a confused face at me.

"Oh so you finally answered his call then?"