T R E S

August 2018

I sat down in the kitchen and got out some pen and paper. Cris had a game and he left early. Junior and I would soon be joining him later.
I took the pen and started writing.

Dear Gerard,
       I'm fine. However you know me too well. I hope life is going good for you. My life has been fine. It's been better but it could be worse. I hope you're happy with your career. You've been playing great and Barcelona has been having a good season. As embarrassing as this is, I've watched every game. It's been hard since I try and make sure Cris doesn't know because he'll blow a gasket. However, I'm not worth the wait. Please find someone to love and care for like you have for me. You will however, always has a piece of my heart.

                                            With Love,
                                                       Gisela Alves

——————
Junior and I arrived at the stadium and took our seats. I wasn't really paying attention since I was secretly watching Barca on my phone and constantly checking the score when I couldn't watch. The game was ending soon thank god. I couldn't wait to get home and out of the lime light. As junior and I were waiting for Cris. I scrolled through my Instagram.
———————-

@3gerardpique  

leomessi, fcbarcelona, and 1

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

leomessi, fcbarcelona, and 1.3 million others liked this photo
@3gerardpique: late nights in Manchester a decade ago. Missing this right now.
leomessi: who is the other blanket for?😏
         |3gerardpique: not you
username: isn't it @giselaalves blue blanket
          |username2: omfg it is
                |username3: she did live in                         Manchester for a little bit. They could've dated.
luissuarez9: was this with who I think it was
          |3gerardpique: get lost

  ————————
I missed those days too I wanted to write.
"Hey are we gonna go now?" Cris said appearing.
I just nodded as Cris kissed my cheek.
"You guys are so cute," Oriana Sabatini, Paulo Dybala's girlfriend said.
"Thanks," I said quietly laughing.

The drive home was quiet. An occasional conversation on how Cris played and how he loved Juventus. I just stared out the window and wished things could go back to the way they were, when Cris and I were happy. Just like when we were in Manchester. I remember like it was yesterday. We were traveling on the Man U bus to the Manchester United Gala. The boys had just won the prem, we had stumbled off the bus laughing. Cris held my hand and pressed a kiss to my cheek before kissing my lips. Everyone talked about us, he was Manchester's Golden boy and I was one of the youngest top models there were. We were picture perfect and the talk of the town. We were so in love and happy. Cris transferring made us break up. What about this time. Could this be a sign that we weren't meant to be.

"Look how far we've come," Cris said suddenly.
"What?" I asked confused.
"I was a poor kid from Portugal looking to make it, you were a poor girl looking to make it. We both took a chance and it paid off," he said smiling.
"Oh ya." I said smiling before turning away.
"Is everything okay?" Cris said frowning.
"I'm fine," I said flashing him a smile.
"You May have won an Oscar and golden globe for acting, but you can't fool me Gia," Cris said softly.
"Gisela, Cris, you only call me Gisela. Since when did you start calling me Gia," I mumbled.
"Look what's bothering you," he said softly
"Later, I don't want to do it in the car and while Junior is here," I whispered.
"Okay." He said shortly.