Leader and Death?

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" Endou asked. He looked out and gasped, taking a few steps backwards.

The infected were just right outside! The gates which have been keeping the infected out of the house compound has fell!! Just then, one of the infected began banging its head on the window. Gouenji began walking backwards too. Te shocked look never left his face.

"Run! Run! Run! RUN!!" Gouenji exclaimed as the window shattered into a million pieces. All of them got the message and ran as fast as they could upstairs.

"Into that room!" Fubuki exclaimed pointing to the master bedroom. It wasn't the room that Aunt Mika hid in just now. The master bedroom has a window and it was much larger so all of them could fit in the room easily. They quickly barricade the door with almost everything they could find. But there was a cupboard they couldn't use as the cupboard was stuck in place. It wouldn't budge an inch.

"Remember. They can't see or feel. As long as we keep real quiet, they won't know that we are in here," Fubuki reminded them. He made sure he was whispering as he didn't want to attract any of the infected which were just outside.

"W-What do we do now? Wait??" Haruna asked. She felt very scared.

"Don't worry, big brother will protect you," Kidou said putting an arm around Haruna. Fubuki walked towards the window and noticed that there is another window opposite them. It was the window of another house. The window was open too! Then, a plan came to his mind. He then looked around the room. He then saw the wooden cupboard which they couldn't use to barricade the door. It was made out of thin wood though.

"Guys. I have an idea. Let's cut out some of the wood from the thin-material cupboard we couldn't use to barricade the door and put it from this window to the other window and escape to the room in the other house over there," Fubuki said.

"But what if the wood isn't long enough?" Fuyuka asked.

"Since the wood needs to be slightly narrower in size, we wouldn't be using all of the wood. We would need to cut the wood in half. If one half of the wood isn't long enough, we could always tie the other half of the wood together with the first half to make the plank longer," Kidou said.

"I see. Good point," Hiroto said.

'Now I see why these children manage to survive this apocalypse until now... They've been sharing their opinion and overcoming all of the problems together,' Aunt Mika thought while smiling.

"Alright. Let's get to work," Fubuki said and he, Endou, Gouenji and Kidou started to cut the wood using their knives. All of them have knives. They got the knives from the mini market. But the knives were really small so it took some time for them to cut the wood. Kazemaru and Fuyuka, who sat near to the door, would be in charge of making sure the door doesn't bust open all of a sudden. If it did, they would have to fight them off. Of course, the others will help too. Hiroto and Haruna, who sat near to the window, had to check the situation of the compound of the house. Aunt Mika would help on everything she could.

After a while, the wood was done all there's left is for them to get some thing to tie the two pieces of wood up.

"What do you think we can use to tie the two wooden planks together?" Kazemaru asked. Fubuki looked around the room. He then spotted the piece of cloth which was holding the curtains to the side. (A/N: I know. Some curtains use those metal things which hold the curtain but some curtains use cloth. If you don't understand what I'm trying to say, you can always message me to ask :) sorry for the inconvenience). Fubuki then took the cloth from both sides and began tying a knot so that short cloth becomes a long one. He then used the long piece of cloth to tie the two planks together.

"There, all done. Now all we have to do is..." Fubuki said lifting one end of the plank up. Gouenji went to the other end and helped Fubuki lift the plank. Together, they lifted be plank and put it through the window. The length was slightly longer so it stuck into the window a little more.

"Yes!! All done!!" Endou exclaimed. All of them shushed him. Just then, they heard banging on the door.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Then the number of banging seemed to increase. The furniture used to barricade the door shook.

"Darn it. Looks like we have to hurry or the door won't hold and they would come barging in," Fubuki said. "Now start going,"

The others began to go to the other house via the wooden planks which are put across one window to the other. After a while, only Fubuki and Aunt Mika was left.

"You go first, young lad," Aunt Mika said.

"No. You go first. I can fend them off of they barge in," Fubuki said.

"You are their leader. You must live," Aunt Mika said pulling Fubuki by the arm. Just then, the door barged open and the infected started coming in.

"Hurry up and go!!" Fubuki shouted shrugging Aunt Mika's arm off. Aunt Mika was about to protest when suddenly an infected was in front of her. She screamed.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

The infected was about to bite her when suddenly a wooden katana was penetrated through its neck.

"GO NOW!" Fubuki shouted. Aunt Mika snapped out of her trance and quickly went over to the window. She began going to the other window. Soon, she reached the other window. But... Fubuki didn't came after her.

"Aunt Mika, where's Fubuki? And why were they so many screaming and shouting?" Fuyuka asked.

"I...I... I-I told him to go first but he insisted on me going first. I protested. In the middle, those things barged in... He told me to hurry up and go... But then there was one of that things in front of me... I-I screamed. But then a wooden katana penetrated through its neck. Then I quickly came here," Aunt Mika said.

"But then why isn't he coming??" Haruna asked with a worried expression on her face. All of them then looked at the room they were in just now through the window. But the couldn't see the whole room though. It was very quiet and there was no signs of the infected. But then... Where's Fubuki...? Just then, a hand was seen on the wooden plank. One of the infected's hand!

"No..."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Cliffy there haha XD hope you guys don't mind. I'll try to update faster. Do tell me what you think about the story ;) and no, the story isn't over. R&R