Chapter 34

Chapter 34:

Juliet's POV:

"It is beautiful out here." I said amazed as we drove out to the 'country side'. We were house shopping I guess. Oh God I loved that it was like we were a married couple shopping for a house while our kids were being babysat.

"It is. Imagine, we would have a huge backyard. We can place an ice rink, there is an in-ground pool." He said excitedly.

We pulled up to a long stone driveway that looped around to three garages and a beautiful grey stoned house, it had large windows and plenty acres of land. The front had flowers and trimmed shrubs with large trees.

"Oh my God. Caleb this is amazing." I said as the real-estate agent smiled happily at us. I got out and grinned at the house. Even with the snow melting it was beautiful.

"Looks nice, eh?" He asked.

"It's amazing."I said breathlessly. Caleb guided me inside and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. We stepped inside onto the marble floors and large ceiling. A huge crystal chandelier swung down from the ceiling. Brown tables held beautiful vases. Stairs spiralled up to the upper floor.

"It's beautiful." I gushed. We walked into the living room where elegant couches placed around a brown coffee table. A book shelf was placed on the walk and a large window with a seat looked the view outside. The kitchen had an island, a huge stove and bar chairs rounded the island. The back door led outside but we will look at that later.

We walked upstairs and there were four bedrooms, a study and then the master bedroom. The bed was huge and it was up on a platform, the master bath had a tub that could fit at least ten people and a shower that was see through. There were double mirrors and double sinks.

There were two large walk in closets.

Overall the house was amazing and I could picture us having a family here, there was plenty of space for the dogs and the patio and deck was amazing. A porch swing, barbecue, bar, lounge chairs...everything I dreamed of.

"So...Interested?" Our agent asked.

"Yes!" I said quickly. They both laughed.

"If she is happy then I guess I am too." Caleb grinned.

"Alright well the asking price is about one million three hundred and fifty. Considering it has been on the market for some time the owners are willing to bring it down to a million flat." He explained.

"Great. When can we start the paperwork?" Caleb asked.

"Tomorrow. I will call the owners, swing by my office and we will sign everything over. Moving day will be fast considering they have already found another house and are currently living there."

"Thank you so much." I said. He nodded and we shook hands and got into our car and drove away.

"Aren't you excited?" I grinned as we got into the car.

"Yes, I'm excited, beautiful." He said squeezing my hand and kissing the back.

"Ah, Clarabelle and Tidus are going to love it, all the space in the back yard, to get their energy out. They will love it." He smiled as we began driving back to downtown.

------

When we got inside I hung up my jacket and turned. Tidus was whining sadly on the ground.

"What's wrong....Tidus..." I said walking in. Doggy vomit was everywhere. Clarabelle laid on the ground breathing hard. Caleb was parking and I rushed to her side.

"Oh my God! Clara!" I yelled.

"Caleb! Come quick!" I yelled. He bursted through the door.

"Jules!? What happened!?" He froze once he saw Clara. He scooped her up and he ran down the hall.

"Come on, Tidus." I said shakily. I ran after him as he took the stairs. I caught up to him-thank God I was wearing running shoes- and Tidus hopped into the back of the truck. I cradled Clara to my chest as Caleb drove. I rocked her back and forth as her heart beated faintly.

"Oh it's okay Clara...You're going to be fine." I said stroking her fur softly.

We pulled into the animal hospital and Caleb took her inside as Tidus and I walked in. Caleb was gone in with her and I sat beside Tidus and rubbed his fur. He whined quietly and kept looking back at me.

"She's going to be okay, baby." I said feeling my eyes sting a little bit.

We waited for what felt like hours. Tidus stayed unmoving. The door suddenly opened and Caleb came out his eyes rimmed red. My heart stopped as he motioned for me to come in.

I walked in as Clara laid faintly. Tidus jumped up and nuzzled her neck and whined, he licked her fur softly.

"Is she okay?" I asked. The vet looked grim.

"This purple mole right here...It is a tumour. It is difficult to catch and unfortunately we weren't able to catch it in time. She is in a lot of pain so we...well it's best to put her down." I looked to Caleb as he stared sadly down at her. I haven't seen him this...broken.

"I will let you be for a couple of minutes." She said before walking out. As Tidus cuddled her I turned to Caleb.

"Come here." I said. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck as he gripped my waist.

"There was nothing you could have done, babe. It was impossible to catch." I said rubbing his back. Tears slowly rolled down my cheeks.

"She is in pain...its the best for her." I said. He pulled back and bent down to Clara and she reached up and licked his face.

"I love you so much, baby girl. I will never forget you." He said into her ear. He hugged her tightly and I scratched her fur. I kissed her head and she licked my face. Caleb wiped under his eyes and I sighed sadly. As the vet came in he held onto my waist tightly as she inserted the needle.

"Goodbye baby girl." He said rubbing her ears. A couple of minutes later she closed her eyes and Tidus began crying. 

"I know big guy. We miss her too." Caleb said his voice cracking. I rubbed his back and I hugged Clara's lifeless body once more before kissing her head.

Rest in peace Clarabelle.

----

Not going to lie this chapter made me cry a bit. My dog died from this tumour and it just brought back memories.